India is the host of sixth ICC T20 world cup which going to start from 15 March, 2016. 10 teams in total will play the final & main round of World Twenty20. Eight of them already qualified but to become took place for last two teams, 8 nation will fight among them which round of qualify will start on 8 March. Most of the Sports network TV channels, senior cricketer, internet media already provide their opinion where they gave priority to India & Pakistan cause of the environment and t20 special team squad.
Qualifier Round Groups –
Group A – Netherlands, Bangladesh, Oman, Ireland
Group B – Scotland, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Hong Kong
This every team will play 3 match in total with all other opponent in their group and 1 of them will finally qualified for the Super 10 Round.
Current World Ranking of them:
Ranking – Country – Rating – Points
#9 – Afghanistan – 80 – 1513
#10 – Bangladesh – 69 – 831
#11 – Scotland – 66 – 661
#12 – Hong Kong – 61 – 675
#13 – Netherlands – 61 – 859
#14 – Zimbabwe – 50 – 907
#15 – Ireland – 42 – 422
Our prediction result giving favoure to Bangladesh and Afghanistan cause of their world ranking & on the basis of South Asian host nation. Not only analysis but also most of the predictor reporter gave their favoure to this 2 nation.
So the Super 10 Group looking like –
Group A – England, Sri Lanka, West Indies, South Africa, Afghanistan (Qualifier B)
Group B – Australia, Pakistan, New Zealand, India, Bangladesh (Qualifier A)
Current ICC T20 World Ranking –
Rank – Nations – Matches – Ratings – Points
#1 – West Indies – 19 – 118 – 2249
#2 – Australia – 17 – 118 – 2006
#3 – Sri Lanka – 19 – 118 – 2242
#4 – England – 20 – 117 – 2230
#5 – South Africa – 25 – 115 – 2879
#6 – Pakistan – 27 – 114 – 3085
#7 – New Zealand – 21 – 114 – 2393
#8 – India – 14 – 110 – 1537
#9 – Afghanistan – 19 – 80 – 1513
#10 – Bangladesh – 12 – 69 – 831
Usually, if we observe the test & ODI world ranking there have a big difference of points & ratings among the teams. Where here on t20 ranking, top 8 teams point is very close together. No. #1 West Indies & No. #8 India teams rating difference only 8 which mentioning that this best 8 super power teams don’t have far difference on recent performance. This is why we should consider all 8 teams as the favourite of this upcoming biggest World twenty20 on the basis ranking points & ratings.
Past winners of T20 world cup –
Year – Winner – Runner up – Host Nation
2007 – India – Pakistan – South Africa
2009 – Pakistan – Sri Lanka – England
2010 – England – Australia – West Indies
2012 – West Indies – Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka
2014 – Sri Lanka – India – Bangladesh
Performance of Host Nations –
Year – Team – Performance
2007 – South Africa – 2nd Round
2009 – England – 2nd Round
2010 – West Indies – 2nd Round
2012 – Sri Lanka – Runner up
2014 – Bangladesh – 2nd Round
Asian leading cricket team Sri Lanka, Pakistan & India have the highest level achievement to win the trophy & become runner-up most time where the nations like Australia, South Africa performance isn’t like their One Day achievement. Past winners history here favouring Asian nations as well. On the other hand, host nation performance always better than other world cups. Statistics showing that every host nation at least played the 2nd round as well as Bangladesh. We should keep ahead India for this logical issue. Not only India but also we need consider Pakistan & Sri Lanka as well cause of the same quality cricket group and familiar environment of Asia. Would like to mention that this two team have more experience to play in India.
Defending Champions Performance –
Year – Nation – Performance
2009 – India – Round 2
2010 – Pakistan – Semifinal
2012 – England – Round 2
2014 – West Indies – Semifinal
2016 – Sri Lanka – …………
Every defending champion also played well into the next tournament and this is why we should also keep eyes on Sri Lanka recent performance and team squad to guess their opportunity.
Possible captains of All teams in T20 world cup –
Teams – Captain – Total Match – Win
India – MS Dhoni – 51 – 26
Pakistan – Shahid Afridi – 32 – 15
Australia – Aaron Finch
England – Eoin Morgan – 11 – 6
New Zealand – Brendon McCullum – 28 – 13
South Africa – Faf du Plessis – 22 – 13
Sri Lanka – LasithMalinga
West Indies – Darren Sammy – 41 – 22
Bangladesh – Mashrafe Mortaza
Afghanistan – Asghar Stanikzai – 13 – 11
Captaincy is a big fact for twenty20 and all other cricket format where experience is an important issue to play the vital role for the team by a captain. MS Dhoni is the most time t20 captaincy role-playing cricketer of the history and by his captaincy India won a Twenty20 world cup as well. Not only in International cricket but also in Indian Premier League, his team Chennai Super Kings won the title 2 times. If we observe the experience of captains, we should keep ahead India, West Indies, Pakistan & New Zealand respectively.
Most successful twenty20 leagues –
- Indian Premier League, India
- KFC Big Bash, Australia
- Nat West T20 Blast, England
- Caribbean Premier League, West Indies
- Bangladesh Premier League, Bangladesh
- Ram Slam T20 Challenge, South Africa
- Pakistan Super League, UAE (1st edition – 4 February, 2016)
The culture of playing t20 cricket league play a vital role to organize the nation team and pick new young star. India & Australia is the most successful nation arrange such a big twenty20 league. Though the CPL and Ram Slam still can’t become popular like IPL & BBL but every Caribbean & Proteas cricket bought by big money in biggest leagues. After Bangladesh, Pakistan also going arrange a successful t20 league on United Arab Emirates. Cause of BPL, Bangladesh already pick few young cricketer those have more chance to play in world cup.
Final Analysis –
- World Ranking: Top 8 teams rating & point is close to one another and that’s why we need to pick West Indies, Australia, Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, Pakistan, India & New Zealand to the favoure.
- Past Champions & Runner up: Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, West Indies, England respectively have more success in world twenty20.
- Host team and the beside nations: As India will host the ICC world cup T20, India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka will get extra confident in Asian cricket condition.
- Captaincy: MS Dhoni mentioned as the best t20 captain of this time being. Shahid Afridi, Darren Sammy & McCullum also have enough experience into this sector. This is why their teams would act more matured cricket in T20 format. Though Fuf Du Plessis will play captaincy role for South Africa but AB D Villier will be behind him to support and this is why Plessis’s contribution for the team would be outstanding.
- Team Squad, Retirement & lacking: Few days back Sri Lanka have few true legend like Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene those are retired and this issue would be hamper the regular t20 performance of Sri Lanka. England, West Indies, Australia, South Africa & England are the leading cricket nation but it’s really hard to guess that how much good cricket they can play in Asian environment. Spin attack & high scoring wicket would be affected this teams highly.
Right now we can see, two teams have points to positive marking for every sectors. Yes, they are India & Pakistan and there have more chance to see a final between them. Final prediction of the champion should go to Indian side as they are the host & most special team for twenty20 format.
Who is the favourite of ICC T20 world cup 2016 in India ?
Result – India
2nd Possible team – Pakistan
Our logical analysis result won’t be the truth as well. Any kind of uncertain case would be happening into this tournament cause this is 20 over match. Another thing to mention that Bangladesh can do something unpredictable as like the previous world cups.