79th season of French top professional football competition Ligue 1 has started in last 12th August, 2016 and according to the schedule, the season will end up in next 20th May, 2017. As per the schedule, French top tier PSG is going to play their 4th match in this tournament against St Etienne in next 9th August, 2016.
# Short Profile of Upcoming Match:
- Play Between – Paris SG Vs St Etienne [Highlights will be available after the match]
- Play Date – 9th September, 2016
- Start at – 19:45 (BST)
- Day – Friday
- Tournament – French Ligue 1
- Episode – 79th
# Short Profile of the Field: French Ligue 1 champion will play their next match in Ligue 1 2016/17 season at the home stadium of PSG named Parc des Princes which is located in Paris, France. It is one of the all seater stadium in France which has almost 48,583 seats capacity. Since the foundation of the arena, Paris Saint germain is using this as their home field.
- Field Name – Parc des Princes
- Address – Paris, France
- Seats Capacity – 48,583
- Founded – 4th June, 1972
- Designed By – Roger Taillibert
- Home Field – Paris Saint Germain
# H2H Statistics: The two Ligue 1 sides played against each other total 38 times so far. Among them, PSG won most of the competitions 21 times and lost only seven times. 10 matches were drawn by them. They first competed in 19th November, 1994 where Paris defeated them by 3 – 1 and last time played in 3rd March, 2016 which match also won by Paris. Also, if we consider their last ten matches result, the Parisians won all of them. Now, upcoming competition will be their 39th meeting.
- Total Games Played – 38
- The Parisians Won – 21
- The Greens Won – 7
- Games Drawn – 10
# Last Five Matches Results of the Parisians: PSG won four matches out of their last five matches and lost one which was also their last match. That game was against Monaco.
- 29th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 3) Monaco => Lost
- 22nd Aug, 2016 – Vs (3 – 0) Metz => Victory
- 13th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 0) Bastia => Victory
- 7th Aug, 2016 – (4 – 1) Olympique Lyonnais => Victory
- 31st Jul, 2016 – Vs (4 – 0) Leicester City => Victory
# Last Five Matches Results of the Greens: St Etienne which is also known as the Greens won twice among their last five competitions where they drawn also twice and lost one against Bordeaux by 3 – 2.
- 28th Aug, 2016 – Vs (0 – 0) Toulouse => Drawn
- 26th Aug, 2016 – Vs (0 – 0) Beitar Jerusalem => Drawn
- 21st Aug, 2016 – Vs (3 – 1) Montpellier => Won
- 17th Aug, 2016 – Vs (2 – 1) Beitar Jerusalem => Won
- 13th Aug, 2016 – Vs (2 – 3) Bordeaux => Lost
However, Paris Saint Germain is placed in top position and also the current title winner of Ligue 1 and Saint Etienne is currently sixth in position but the highest time French league winner but nowadays, it shows some poor activities and so, probably would not able to win against PSG in their next match.