English Premier League is considered the third largest league football competition in the world nowadays. 25th season of EPL has just started in 13th August, 2016 where Liverpool and Burnley are the two contenders. They are going to fight against each other in next 20th August, 2016 at the home ground of the Clarets named Turf Moor. Let’s see their match details below.
# Short Profile of Upcoming Competition:
- Game Between – Liverpool Vs Burnley [Highlights will be available after the match]
- Game Date – 20th August, 2016
- Start at – 15:00
- Day – Saturday
- Tournament – Premier League
- Season – 2016/17
- Version – 25th
# Short Profile of Hosting Ground:
- Ground Name – Turf Moor
- Address – Harry Potts Way, Burnley, Lancashire, England
- Capacity – 21,401
- Surface – Desso GrassMaster
- Opened – 17th February, 1883
- Building Cost – £5.3 million
- Home Ground – The Clarets
# Head To Head Comparison: Let’s take a look below where the all time head to head statistics between Liverpool and Burnley is given.
- Total Game Played – 69
- The Reds Won – 30
- The Clarets Won – 21
- Game Drawn – 18
# Recent Performances of the Reds (Last Five): Recent performance of the Liverpool are not so impressive. They lost three matches against Chelsea, Roma and Mainz out of their last five and only rest two matches against Barcelona and Milan.
- 7th August, 2016 – Vs (0 – 4) Mainz => Lost
- 6th August, 2016 – Vs (4 – 0) Barcelona => Won
- 2nd August, 2016 – Vs (1 – 2) Roma => Lost
- 31st July, 2016 – Vs (2 – 0) Milan => Won
- 28th July, 2016 – Vs (0 – 1) Chelsea => Lost
# Recent Performances of the Clarets (Last Five): On the other side, Burnley has shown some impressive performance where they won three, drawn one and lost one match out of their last five. They have just lost their last match against Swansea City by 1 – 0 goal.
- 13th August, 2016 – Vs (0 – 1) Swansea City => Lost
- 6th August, 2016 – Vs (1 – 1) Real Sociedad => Drawn
- 30th July, 2016 – Vs (3 – 1) Rangers => Won
- 27th July, 2016 – Vs (2 – 1) Bolton Wanderers => Won
- 23rd July, 2016 – Vs (4 – 1) Bradford City => Won
One of the Big Four club in EPL, the Reds have some most talented footballer in their current squad. Though, it will be a Premier League competition, so, they must field their best squad. Loris Karius is their regular stopper where the captain is Jordan Henderson. This summer, their coach Klopp has bought four players excluding two free transfer. Sadio Mane is one of them and will be played in next match. Brazilian Coutinho would probably be the leader of midfield.
Though, Burnley is also an English club and regular opponent in Premier league but they do not possess many famous players but only few. This season, they have bought Jon Flanagan from Liverpool for a long loan. Their team is lead by Tom Heaton who is the current goalkeeper of the Clarets.