Liverpool has just started their journey to the title in EPL 2016/17 season few days ago where they have finished the last season of Premier League by standing 8th in position. In this season of Premier League 2016/17, the LFC has already played two matches against Arsenal and Burnley where the won the first match and against Burnley. Now, they are on the way to the third one where the match will be played against Tottenham Hotspur which is currently 3rd in ranking. Spurs have also played two matches in this ongoing tournament where they won one and drawn one.
Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur Head to head
The Reds have played against Spurs many times. They have met 149 times so far where the Reds won 69 times and Spurs won 42 times. 38 competitions were drawn. Among them, only three matches were in other competitions but rest all games were in Premier League. Every year in EPL, they played against each other twice times where one home and other one away game. They first played against each other in 13 November, 1909 and last time played in 2nd April, 2016. Let’s see them details below.
- Total Competition Staged – 149
- The Reds Won – 69
- The Reds Lost – 42
- Match Drawn – 38
# Last Five H2H Statistics: According to their last five head to head which is given below, LFC won thrice where Hotspur won none. Two games were drawn.
- 2nd Apr, 2016 – The Reds 1 – 1 Spurs => Drawn – EPL
- 17th Oct, 2015 – The Reds 0 – 0 Spurs => Drawn – EPL
- 11th Feb, 2015 – Liverpool 3 – 2 Hotspur – EPL
- 31st Aug, 2014 – Liverpool 3 – 0 Hotspur – EPL
- 30th March, 2014 – Liverpool 4 – 0 Tottenham – EPL
This two clubs are going to fight against each other twice times in this season of Premier League. First one will be staged in 27th August, 2016. Let’s take a look below where their upcoming match details is given.
# Short Profile of Upcoming Match:
- Play Between – Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur
- When – 27th August, 2016
- Begin at – 12:30
- Day – Saturday
- Tournament – Premier League
- Season – 2016/17
- Episode – 25th
- Field Name – White Hart Lane
- Address – Tottenham, London, England
- Seats Capacity – 36,284
- Field Surface – Desso GrassMaster
- Opened – 4th September, 1899
- Home Field – Tottenham Hotspur
# Overall Comparison between Two Teams:
|3.||Trophy Won||Not Yet||
|Head Coach||Jurgen Klopp||Mauricio Pochettino|
White Hart Lane
|7.||Founded||3rd June, 1892||
5th September, 1882
# Recent Performances of the Reds: As stated by the below statistics, LFC won twice out of their last five matches and lost thrice against Roma, Mainz and Burnley. Last match, they lost against Burnley by 2 – 0 goals.
- 20th Aug, 2016 – Vs (0 – 2) Burnley => Lost
- 14th Aug, 2016 – Vs (4 – 3) Arsenal => Won
- 7th Aug, 2016 – Vs (0 – 4) Mainz => Lost
- 6th Aug, 2016 – Vs (4 – 0) Barcelona => Won
- 2nd Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 2) Roma => Lost
# Recent Performances of Spurs: Considering the last five matches of Spurs, they also won two, lost two and drawn one. In their last match, they won against Crystal Palace by 1 – 0 goal.
- 20th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 0) Crystal Palace => Won
- 13th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 1) Everton => Drawn
- 5th Aug, 2016 – Vs (6 – 1) Internazionale => Won
- 29th Jul, 2016 – Vs (0 – 1) Atletico Madrid => Lost
- 26th Jul, 2016 – Vs (1 – 2) Juventus => Lost
# Prediction: Though, the Lilywhites has shown amazing performances in last EPL season but considering their head to head, LFC is still better than Spurs. So, hopefully their upcoming competition will be challenging.