Boston Marathon 2016 Results –
Runner – Nation – Time
1. Lemi Berhanu Hayle – Ethiopia, 2:12:45.
2. Lelisa Desisa, Ethiopia, 2:13:32.
3. Yemane Adhane Tsegay, Ethiopia, 2:14:02.
4. Wesley Korir, Kenya, 2:14:05.
5. Paul Lonyangata, Kenya, 2:15:45.
6. Sammy Kitwara, Kenya, 2:16:43.
7. Stephen Chebogut, Kenya, 2:16:52.
8. Abdi Nageeye, Netherlands, 2:18:05.
9. Getu Feleke, Ethiopia, 2:18:46.
10. Zachary Hine, United States, 2:21:37.
11. Cutbert Nyasango, Zimbabwe, 2:22:02.
12. Tsegaye Mekonnen, Ethiopia, 2:22:21.
13. Ian Burrell, United States, 2:22:22.
14. Jackson Kiprop, Uganda, 2:24:44.
15. Harbert Okuti, United States, 2:24:46.
1. Atsede Baysa, Ethiopia, 2:29:19.
2. Tirfi Tsegaye, Ethiopia, 2:30:03.
3. Joyce Chepkirui, Kenya, 2:30:50.
4. Jelena Prokopcuka, Latvia, 2:32:28.
5. Valentine Kipketer, Kenya, 2:33:13.
6. Flomena Cheyech Daniel, Kenya, 2:33:40.
7. Buzunesh Deba, Ethiopia, 2:33:56.
8. Fate Tola, Ethiopia, 2:34:38.
9. Gracey Spence Neely, United States, 2:35:00.
10. Mamitu Daska, Ethiopia, 2:37:31.
11. Sarah Crouch, United States, 2:37:36.
12. Miharu Shimokado, Japan, 2:39:21.
13. Amane Beriso, Ethiopia, 2:39:38.
14. Tiki Gelana, Ethiopia, 2:42:38.
15. Tadelech Bekele, Ethiopia, 2:44:20
Highlights of full race –
Boston Marathon considered as the most veteran marathon sporting event in through the world. Generally it occurs on the third Monday of April which conducted one of the major and exoteric road racing emulation of United States. This gray headed event consecutively going to be held 120th edition where thirty six thousand (36,000) athletes both male and female will be contributed. The event will be hosted at Hopkinton to Boston, Massachusetts in USA. The first prize mentioned at one lakh and fifty thousand us dollars ($150000) for both man and woman elite. Last year Desisa, Lelisa became the first finishers who finished the task 2:09:17 hrs while Rotich, Caroline was the female champion by finishing race within 2:24:55 hrs. The event will be covered by NBC network as well as some other sports network in worl wide. You can enjoy the event here in online. Here we conveying the full details in below.
- Boston Marathon 2016 Results & Full running Highlights video will be published here soon
Boston Marathon preview:
Name of Event: Boston Marathon, 2016
Date: 18th April ( Monday)
Venue: Hopkinton to Boston, Massachusetts
Location: Massachusetts, United States
Athletes: About 36,000
8:50 a.m.: Mobility Impaired
9:17 a.m.: Men’s Push Rim Wheel Chair
9:19 a.m.: Women’s Push Rim Wheel Chair
9:22 a.m.: Handcycles and Duos
9:32 a.m.: Women athletes
10 a.m.: Men athletes and Wave One
10:25 a.m.: Men athletes and Wave Two
10:50 a.m.: Men athletes and Wave Three
11:15 a.m.: Men athletes and Wave Four
Prize money: (For Men and Women both finishers)
First Prize: 150000 US Dollar
Second Prize: 75000 US Dollar
Third Prize: 40,000 US Dollar
Fourth Prize: 25000 US Dollar
Fifth Prize: 15000 US Dollar
Sixth Prize: 12000 US Dollar
Seventh Prize: 9000 UUS Dollar
Eighth Prize: 7400 US Dollar
Ninth Prize: 5700 US Dollar
Tenth Prize: 4200 US Dollar
Eleventh Prize: 2600 US Dollar
Twelfth Prize: 2100 US Dollar
Thirteenth Prize: 1800 US Dollar
Fourteenth Prize: 1700 US Dollar
Fifteenth Prize: 1500 US Dollar
2015 Boston winners:
|Men’s Open||Desisa, Lelisa||Ethiopia||2:09:17|
|Women’s Open||Rotich, Caroline||Kenya||2:24:55|
|Men’s Wheelchair||Hug, Marcel E.||Switzerland||1:29:53|
|Women’s Wheelchair||McFadden, Tatyana||USA||1:52:54|
|Men’s Handcycles||Davis, Tom||(USA)||1:17:49|
|Women’s Handcycles||Porcellato, Francesca||Italy||1:34:12|
2015 Standing Men and women:
|First||Desisa, Lelisa (ETH)||2:09:17||Rotich, Caroline (KEN)||2:24:55|
|Second||Tsegay, Yemane Adhane (ETH)||2:09:48||Dibaba, Mare (ETH)||2:24:59|
|Third||Chebet, Wilson (KEN)||2:10:22||Deba, Buzunesh (ETH)||2:25:09|
|Fourth||Kipyego, Bernard (KEN)||2:10:47||Linden, Desiree (USA)||2:25:39|
|Fifth||Korir, Wesley (KEN)||2:10:49||Cherop, Sharon (KEN)||2:26:05|
|Sixth||Chepkwony, Frankline (KEN)||2:10:52||Kilel, Caroline (KEN)||2:26:40|
|Seventh||Ritzenhein, Dathan (USA)||2:11:20||Kebede, Aberu (ETH)||2:26:52|
|Eighth||Keflezighi, Meb (USA)||2:12:42||Demise, Shure (ETH)||2:27:14|
|Ninth||Tola, Tadese (ETH)||2:13:35||Flanagan, Shalane (USA)||2:27:47|
|Tenth||Shafar, Vitaliy (UKR)||2:13:52||Chepkirui, Joyce (KEN)||2:29:07|
Most successful Athletes (Male)
Clarence DeMar : Seven times
Gérard Cote: Four times
Bill Rodgers: Four times
Robert Kipkoech Cheruiyot: Four times
Les Pawson: Three times
Eino Oksanen: Three times
Ibrahim Hussein: Three times
Cosmas Ndeti: Three times
Boston Marathon one of the most watching arichic road racing sporting event which tempted 500,000 viewers every calendar of year. The journey began with only eighteen contestant but today the participants contributing over thirty thousands. It becomes one of the most largest road racing competition in time being. Originally it is a local event but for its reputation, status and fans it pondered as one of six major marathon in the world.