Rafael Nadal is one of the greatest tennis player of all time who is a Spanish born player. Current 31 years old Rafa is a left hander and two handed backhand player who started his professional career in 2001. He is current standing in 1st position according to ATP ranking who has won total 75 titles in his career. He also won Olympic gold medal and several tournaments as well. Due to his dominance on clay court, he is regarded as the king of Clay widely.
- Rafael Nadal Vs David Goffin match of Nitto ATP Finals qualifier live streaming links will be published here before the match as you can watch online free.
Rafael Nadal Parera who is also known as Rafa has won several titles in his career. Among them, he won 16 Grand Slam, Olympic gold medal in 2008 and so on. This 31 years old player was also a respective member of Spanish Davis Cup team in 2004, 2008, 2009, and 2011.. Besides, he is the 2nd male player to complete single career Golden Slam. However, he is also as 6th player in Open Era who reached final more than 100 times on ATP World Tour. But his top achievements are Grand Slam. He is still dominating the French open since 2005 and till now won ten French Open title in his career so far. Besides, he also won one Australian Open, two Wimbledon and three US Open titles so far. Let’s see his career statistics below.
# Career Statistics of Rafael Nadal:
|Season||Australian Open||French Open||US Open||Wimbledon|
According to above statistics, we can get a clear picture about Rafa’s career. This left handed is still one of the two players who won at least two Grand Slam in three different surfaces like clay, grass and hard court. After winning 2014 French Open, he became the 1st male player to win at least one Grand Slam in consecutive ten years.
# Short Bio:
- Full Name – Rafael Nadal Parera
- Nickname – Rafa
- Country – Spain
- Birth Place – Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain
- Date of Birth – 3rd June, 1986
- Age – 31 Yrs
- Height – 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
- Weight – 85 kg
- Current ATP Ranking – 1st
- Coach – Carlos Moya
- Turned Pro – 2001
# Ranking History:
31 years old Spanish star was on the 2nd position in ATP ranking for number of years but in 18th August, 2008 he first jumped to the top position of it. He held that position for just one consecutive year but later in 2010, he again retaken it. He took the position three times but later le lost his form and fallen into serious injury. It seems that he ruled out from all types of competition but after that he tried hard and hard to regain his fitness back, After struggling many times, he has come to the top position of ATP ranking in 21st August, 2017 and still holding the position. In his professional career he struggled hard enough. Sometimes, he could not even pass the group stage but now the things have changed.
# Rivalries of Nadal:
- Nadal Vs Federer – Roger federer is regarded as the top rival tennis star of Rafael Nadal and all World used to know about their rivalries. They have been playing since 2004 against each other and most of the match between them were so contesting. Tennis fans are waiting eagerly to see a match between them as we speak. But still, Nadal is leading the competition between them. They have faced against each other 38 times totally where Spanish star won 23th matches and Federer won 15 of them so far. In their meeting, 24 matches were tournament finals. They played total nine grand slam finals which is still a record.
- Nadal Vs Djokovic – After Federer, the second rival of Rafa is Serbian star Djokovic. They have played against each other more than first two. They have met 50 times already where Djokovic won maximum number of games which amount are 26. But it seems that both are so close and they fought hard. Their rivalries are regarded as the 3rd greatest rivalries by considering previous 10 years since 2009.
- Nadal Vs Murray – Rafa has also rivalries with English player Andy Murray and since 2007, they have met total 24 times only where Spanish legend won 17 matches. Nadal leads all three courts like grass, hard and clay but faced defeat in finals.
The fourth rival player of Rafa is Wawrinka and they have played total 19 times where Nadal won sixteen of them.