Yet another match week arrives in the late October. The first game day of the 2nd quarter of the season starts on October 29th. In fact, it won’t be an as usual weekend time game day. However, in a MW-11 fixture, Deportivo Alaves will come face to face against current league runners up Atletico de Madrid. No UEFA Champions League in this week means Los Rojiblancos will have to be busy with the La Liga clashes. Just a few days after taking on Athletic Bilbao at the home, the former champions will get themselves ready for the hat-trick of road matches. Their journey will begin with the trip to Mendizorrotza Stadium. Then they will have a crucial visit to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan before heading towards Germany to play Leverkusen.
On the other hand, Alaves will play their 6th home game of the season at their abode. They will take part in this game following their return from the Ceramica Stadium. However, the Babazorros will head towards the El Sadar Stadium to play Osasuna in the next match.
- Participating Teams: Deportivo Alaves vs Atletico Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 11
- Date: 29th/30th/31st October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Mendizorrotza Stadium
- Location: Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
- Capacity: 19,840
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-2 Win vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
Predicted Result : Alaves 1 – 2 Atletico Madrid
Match Preview: Atletico has made a great start to the campaign. They are aiming to win the title this season. Thus they will certainly go for all the 3 points. So, Diego Simeone may opt
Coming to the recent head to heads, Alaves has failed to beat the Red and Whites in the last 5 meetings. In addition to this, Atletico has won 4 straight games against them. Moreover, the giants have
Nevertheless, my prediction is a dominating performance as well as a 2-1 victory for the visiting side.