After a break of more than one and a half week, La Liga returns with it’s match week 09 fixtures. Deportivo Alaves will face Celta de Vigo in an important Spanish Primera Division clash. Mendizorrotza Stadium will have the privilege to host this game. However, it will be the 5th home clash of the campaign for Alaves. They played their first two league games of the 2019-20 in this venue to start the season as well. Nevertheless, they will come into this fixture after taking on Valencia CF at the Mestalla Stadium. The Glorious Ones will once again have to pack off their kit bags, as they are to play Villarreal CF in the next game, following the Celta Vigo clash.
A defeat, a win and then a draw, Celta Vigo had everything in their opening couple of fixtures. So they really haven’t had a bad start to the campaign at all. Whatever, they are all set to take part in their 4th road game of the campaign. In addition to this, following this encounter, the Sky Blues will take on Real Sociedad in their home ground.
- Participating Teams: Deportivo Alaves vs Celta Vigo
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Mendizorrotza Stadium
- Location: Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
- Capacity: 19,840
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
Predicted Result: Alaves 1 – 2 Celta Vigo
Match Preview: Firstly, the familiar condition of the home will keep Alaves ahead. In addition to this, in the last 5 meetings between the two sides, Alaves came out victorious on 3 occasions. Celta won one and another one ended as a draw. Celta also failed to win against their counterparts since 2017. However, their latest and only meeting of 2019, ended in a goalless draw.
The home side will also be ahead statistically. However, they did have a shaky start to the season. So it is going to be the only reason to cheer the Sky Blues.
I’m guessing that it is going to be a competitive game. Nevertheless, my pick is a 2-1 away victory for the visiting side.