The 2nd and the final day of the match week 1 of La Liga start with the clash between Deportivo Alaves and Levante UD. It will be an afternoon clash which will be kicked off at 5 pm local time. Mendizorrotza Stadium will have the privilege to host the game. This will be the inaugural game of the fresh new season for both the sides after a long break. The hosts ended the last season with 50 points and occupied the 11th position in the league table. The visitors managed to get 44 points beside their name and stood 15th in the list. A good start will boost the energy of the side and both the club will be looking for a victory. So the teams will try to use the experiences which they have gathered from their preseason friendlies.
- Participating Teams: Alaves vs Levante
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 01
- Date: 18th August
- Time: 4 pm BST/ 3 pm GMT/ 5 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Mendizorrotza Stadium
- Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Capacity: 19,840
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
Alaves Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barcelona
Levante Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 4-1 Win vs Vallecano
- 0-1 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 4-0 Win vs Betis
Predicted Result: Alaves 3 – 1 Levante
Match Preview: The hosts may apply a 4-4-2 formation for this encounter. They are the stronger side on pen and paper and will be searching for a victory. Pacheco should be their chosen man in between the sticks. They will rely heavily on Ximo Navarro, Laguardia and Ruben Duarte in the back. Tomas Pina and Manu Garcia will be the main weapons in the mid. Swedish forward John Guidetti should get his chance at the front.
The visitors will go with a defensive tactics most probably. Coke will lead the defense. He had a fantastic last season where he scored 4 goals for his club. They have a good quality midfield options. Campana, Jose Luis Morales and Ruben Rochina did have a memorable last season.
The hosts will be looking to start the season on a high meanwhile a draw would please the visitors for sure. It’s tough to call correctly early in the league as anything can happen. But my money is on the hosts as I’m guessing a 3-1 victory for the Babazorros.