In a match week 15 clash of the Spanish La Liga, giant Real Madrid will take on Deportivo Alaves. The encounter will take place at the Mendizorrotza Stadium as Alaves will host the game. It is going to be the 8th away league fixture of the campaign for the 33 times Champions. However, Los Blancos will have this trip to the Vitoria Gasteiz based venue following their crucial UEFA Champions League fixture against Paris Saint Germain. In fact, the two European giants will take on each other in their penultimate game of the group stage. Nevertheless, the Whites will travel to the Catalonia in the next week but this time to face RCD Espanyol instead of their lifetime rival FC Barcelona.
On the contrary, Deportivo Alaves will be playing their 8th road game of the campaign. They will come into this fixture following their trip to the Ipurua Municipal Stadium. However, they will head towards the Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes to take on Granada CF.
- Participating Teams: Deportivo Alaves vs Real Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Mendizorrotza Stadium
- Location: Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
- Capacity: 19,840
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-2 Win vs Levante
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
Predicted Result : Alaves 1 – 3 Real Madrid
Match Preview : Altough Real Madrid will be playing away from the home they will certainly start as the favoutites. They are far better side than their counterparts. Thus, the Blancos will definitely eye all the match points. They will also try to dominate the game as well. The former champions will be looking for an early lead and so they are expected to play attacking football. Once again their attackers will be vital in this fixture. Eden Hazard may prove himself the difference between the two sides.
Conversely, Alaves may feel lack of confidence against a side like Real Madrid. Thus they should opt to play defensively. Because, a point won’t disappoint them at all.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I can smell a one sided encounter. But I back both the teams to score. Nevertheless, my prediction for this game is a comprehensive victory for the visiting side.