Another Sunday full of football matches is on its way. The 15th September brings as many as 5 La Liga fixtures for the fans. In the 2nd game of the day, Deportivo Alaves will welcome Europa League contenders Sevilla FC. It will be a midday game which will start at 1 pm BST (2 pm local time). The fixture will be hosted by Mendizorrotza Stadium. Moreover, it will be the 3rd home match at the home for Alaves after their back to back home matches to start the campaign. In fact, they will come back to the base after an away clash against Getafe at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez. Conversely, it will be Sevilla’s 3rd away fixture of the season. They will have this trip to Vitoria-Gasteiz following their home clash against Celta de Vigo.
- Participating Teams: Deportivo Alaves vs Sevilla FC
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 15th September 2019
- Time: 1 pm BST/ 12 pm GMT/ 2 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Mendizorrotza Stadium
- Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Capacity: 19,840
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Sevilla Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barcelona
Sevilla Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-3 Defeat vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Girona
- 5-0 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
Predicted Result: Alaves 1 – 2 Sevilla
Match Preview: Alaves finished 11th in the league table last season. In addition to this, they managed to gather 29 points from the 19 home fixtures in the previous campaign. They won 7 matches, drew 8 and tasted defeat on 4 occasions at their abode. But they are generally a good side and the crowd support will keep them ahead mentally.
On the contrary, Sevilla is a formidable side for any opposition. Definitely, they have one of the most balanced squads in the league. Moreover, they are very much consistent with the Spanish top flight. Somehow they missed the opportunity to qualify for this season’s UCL. But they will try to grab their place back on this occasion.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I guess there will be a good fight in this fixture. Moreover, both the side will be looking for a win. Thus both the parties are highly likely to score. Finally, my pick is a 2-1 away victory for the visiting side.