After a brilliant tour in the US, the Gunners went back to the home to play Ligue 1 club Lyon in the Emirates Cup match. Now the North London based club is on it’s way to France. The UEFA Europa League finalists are heading there to play their 5th match of this preseason against another Ligue 1 side
- Participating Teams: Angers SCO vs Arsenal
- Competition: Preseason Friendly Match
- Date: 31st July, 2019
- Time: 7:30 pm BST/ 6:30 pm GMT
- Day: Wednesday
- Venue: Stade Raymond Kopa
- Location: Boulevard Pierre de Coubertin, Angers, Maine-et-Loire
- Capacity: 18,752
- Surface: AirFibr (hybrid grass)
- Goalkeepers: Danijel Petkovic, Ludovic
Butelle, Anthony Mandrea.
- Defenders: Kevin Mouanga, Rayan ait Nouri, Mateo Pavlovic, Thomas Mangani, Ismael Traore, Romain Thomas, Abdoulaye Bamba, Theo Pellenard.
- Midfielders: Jullien Mason, Sada Thioub, Vincent Pajot, Angelo Filgini, Anthony Mancini, Baptiste Santamaria,
ZinedinOuld Khaled, Ibrahima Cisse, Vincent Manceau.
- Forwards: Rachid Alioui, Christian Lopez, Wilfried Kanga, Pierrick Capelle, Farid El Melali, Jeff Reine-Adelaide.
Arsenal Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno, Emiliano Martinez, Matt Macey.
- Defenders: Hector Bellerin, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Laurent Koscielny, Rob Holding, Nacho Monreal, Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Sead Kolasinac.
- Midfielders: Mohamed Elneny, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mesut Ozil, Lucas Torreira, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Joe Willock, Matteo Guendouzi, Emile Smith Rowe, Granit Xhaka.
- Forwards: Alex Iwobi, Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah, Gabriel Martinelli, Takuma Asano, Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, Alexander Lacazette.
Angers Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Feyenoord
- 3-2 Win vs Le Havre
- 1-0 Win vs Orleans
- 3-1 Win vs Les Herbiers
- 1-1 Draw vs Sainte Etienne
Arsenal Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 3-0 Win vs Fiorentina
- 2-1 Win vs Bayern Munich
- 3-0 Win vs Colorado
- 3-3 Draw vs Boreham Wood
Predicted Result: Angers 2 – 2 Arsenal
Match Preview: The hosts are most probably to go with a 4-3-3 formation in this clash. Veteran keeper
Unai Emery may select the 4-2-3-1 formation in this encounter. Emiliano Martinez might get a go in between the sticks. Sokratis will be their main man at the back. But the attack is expected to be deadly as it might just be consisted of Aubameyang, Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette. But with so many matches in shorter time and the main clashes of the Premiere League awaiting, the Stars are not going to play the whole match for sure. They would probably be substituted at one point of this game.
My prediction for this match is a 2-2 draw.