In the 2nd fixture of the 27th October, Arsenal FC will come face to face with Crystal Palace FC. The Sunday afternoon encounter will take place at the Emirates Stadium. It will also be the 8th fixture of the game day 10 of this ongoing EPL season. The fixture has been scheduled to start at 4:30 pm BST (5:30 pm GMT). The Gunners will come into this fixture following their trip to the Bramall Lane. They had to suffer a bitter defeat against Sheffield Utd. Despite being the better side on the field Unai Emery’s team had to come back home with the empty hands. The defeat has forced them out of the top 4 spots and they are standing right ahead of the Eagles.
On the contrary, Crystal Palace will have this trip to the English capital based venue following their home match against the defending champions. Roy Hodgson’s lads faced a 0-2 defeat at the Selhurst Park and with the 14 points in the bag, they are sitting on the 6th spot on the league table.
- Match Between: Arsenal vs Bournemouth
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Time: 02:00 PM
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Emirates Stadium
- Location: HollowayLondon, N5England
- Capacity: 60,704
- Surface: Grass Master
Arsenal Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno, Emiliano Martinez, Matt Macey
- Defenders: Hector Bellerin, Kieran Tierney, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Rob Holding, Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, David Luiz, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Sead Kolasinac
- Midfielders: Dani Ceballos, Mesut Ozil, Lucas Torreira, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Nicolas Pepe, Joe Willock, Matteo Guendouzi, Emile Smith Rowe, Granit Xhaka
- Forwards: Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Reiss Nelson, Gabriel Martinelli
Crystal Palace Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey, Stephen Henderson, Vicente Guaita
- Defenders: Joel Ward, Patrick van Aanholt, James Tomkins, Scott Dann, Mamadou Sakho, Jeffrey Schlupp, Gary Cahill, Martin Kelly, Sam Woods, Jairo Riedewald
- Midfielders: Luka Milivojevic, Max Meyer, Cheikhou Kouyate, Andros Townsend, James McArthur, James McCarthy, Victor Camarasa
- Forwards: Jordan Ayew, Wilfried Zaha, Christian Benteke, Connor Wickham
Last 5 Matches of Arsenal :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sheff Utd – Premier League
- 1-0 Win vs Bournemouth – Premier League
- 4-0 Win vs Standard – UEFA Europa League
- 1-1 Draw vs Man Utd – Premier League
- 5-0 Win vs Nottm Forrest – League Cup
Last 5 Matches of Crystal Palace:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Man City – Premier League
- 2-1 Win vs West Ham United – Premier League
- 2-0 Win vs Norwich City – Premier League
- 1-1 Draw vs Wolves – Premier League
- 0-4 Defeat vs Tottenham – Premier League
Predicted Result: Arsenal 2 – 1 Crystal Palace
Match Preview: Arsenal definitely looks the stronger side on pen and paper. In addition to this, they will be playing at the familiar home ground. Thus they will certainly feature as the favorites in this fixture. So they will undoubtedly aim the 3 match points. I also expect them to go with attacking tactics. Let’s see if the Gunners can get back into the winning ways or not.
On the contrary, the Eagles will be playing away from the home. This is going to be a tough test for them against a side like Arsenal. Thus they may eye a draw. I also guess they will opt to play with defensive tactics.
My pick for this game is a 2-1 home victory for the Gunners.