Change of the captain for Arsenal and the Gunners will be hoping for the change of fortune as well. In form forward, Pierre Emerick Aubameyang takes over the captain’s armband from the vastly criticized midfielder Granit Xhaka. It will be the Gabon international’s 2nd outing as the Arsenal captain in the premier league. The Gunners will come into this fixture following their trip to the Leicester. On the contrary, Southampton will have this trip to the English capital following their home match against Everton.
It is going to be the two sides’ first appearance after the international break during mid-November. The Saturday afternoon encounter will take place on the 23rd of November. Emirates Stadium of North London will have the privilege to host this game. The match has been scheduled to start at 3 pm GMT. Arsenal will be trying to capitalize on the home advantage as they need the points very badly to get back into the top 4. To clarify you more, they can’t get a more struggling side than the Saints at the moment.
- Match Between: Arsenal FC vs Southampton FC
- Date: 23rd November 2019
- Time: 03:00 PM GMT
- Day: Saturday
- Stadium: Emirates Stadium
- Location: Holloway, London, N5, England
- Capacity: 60,704
- Field Size: 105 X 68 Meters
- Surface: Grass Master
Arsenal Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno, Emiliano Martinez, Matt Macey
- Defenders: Hector Bellerin, Kieran Tierney, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Rob Holding, Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, David Luiz, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Sead Kolasinac
- Midfielders: Dani Ceballos, Mesut Ozil, Lucas Torreira, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Nicolas Pepe, Joe Willock, Matteo Guendouzi, Emile Smith Rowe, Granit Xhaka
- Forwards: Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Reiss Nelson, Gabriel Martinelli
Southampton Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex McCarthy, Angus Gunn, Harry Lewis
- Defenders: Cedric Soares, Maya Yoshida, Jannik Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Ryan Bertrand, Jake Vokins, Kayne Ramsay, Jan Bednarek, Kevin Danso, Yan Valery, Sam McQueen
- Midfielders: Moussa Djenepo, Oriol Romeu, James Ward-Prowse, Stuart Armstrong, Sofiane Boufal, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Will Smallbone, Callum Slattery
- Forwards: Shane Long, Danny Ings, Che Adams, Michael Obafemi, Nathan Redmond, Dan N’Lundulu
Last 5 Matches of Arsenal:
- 1-1 Draw vs Wolves
- 5-5 Draw vs Liverpool
- 2-2 Draw vs Crystal Place – Premier League
- 3-2 Win vs Vitoria – Europa League
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sheff Utd – Premier League
Last 5 Match of Southampton:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Man City – Premier League
- 1-3 Defeat vs Man City – League Cup
- 0-9 Defeat vs Leicester City – Premier League
- 1-1 Draw vs Wolverhampton – Premier League
- 1-4 Defeat vs Chelsea – Premier League
Predicted Result: Arsenal 3 – 0 Southampton
Match Preview: The Gunners will have the advantage of playing at the home. They are the stronger side of pen and paper. Their recent form has been comparatively better as well. Thus there is no reason not to keep them ahead in this fixture. Unai Emery’s side will feature as the favorites and they will be looking for all the 3 points for sure.
On the other hand, Southampton is in real danger. They are standing in the relegation zone and have failed to show consistency on the field. They are going through a tough period of time. Thus they may eye just a draw from this away fixture against the league giants.
My pick for this game is a 3-0 home victory for the Invincible.