The most popular football league in the planet, English Premier League 2019-20 campaign kicks off in the early August. The match week 3 will take place on August 23, 24 and 25. In the opening match of the match week 3, Aston Villa will take on Everton. The newly promoted side will host the Marseyside Blues at the Villa Park. Both the side matches each other when it comes to the capability and as the Villans will play at the home, the game is expected to be a cracker.
Match Details :
- Played between : Aston Villa and Everton
- Date : 23 August, 2019
- Time : 8 pm BST
- Day : Friday
- Venue : Villa Park
- Location : Trinity Road, Birmingham
- Capacity : 42,682
- Surface : Grass
Aston Villa Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Orjan Nyland, Jed Steer, Lovre Kalinic.
- Defenders : Kortney Hause, James Bree, Ahmed El-Mohamdey, Neil Taylor, Frederic Guilbert, Matt Targett, James Chester.
- Midfielders : Aaron Tshibola, Birkir Bijarnason, Andre Green, Henri Lansbury, John McGinn, Jota, Conor Hourinhane, Anwar El Ghazi, Jack Grealish.
- Forward : Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Keinan Davis, Scott Hogan, Jonathan Kodija, Wesley.
- Manager : Dean Smith.
Leicester City Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Jordan Pickford, Maarten Stekelenburg, Jonas Lossl.
- Defenders : Luke Garbutt, Matthew Pennington, Cuco Martina, Leighton Baines, Mason Holgate, Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane, Lucas Digne.
- Midfielders : Beni Baningime, Kieran Dowell, James Mccarthy, Muhamed Besic, Henry Onyekuru, Morgan Schneiderlin, Tom Davies, Theo Walcott, Bernard, Idrisaa Gueye, Andre Gomes, Gylfi Siggurdson, Richarlison.
- Forwards : Shani Tarashaj, Kevin Mirallas, Cenk Tosun, Ademola Lookman, Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
- Manager : Marco Silva.
Aston Villa Last 5 Matches :
- 2-1 Win vs Derby (Home)
- 0-1 Defeat vs West Brom (Away)
- 2-1 Win vs West Brom (Home)
- 1-2 Defeat vs Norwich (Home)
- 1-1 Draw vs Leeds (Away)
Everton Last 5 Matches :
- 2-2 Draw vs Tottenham (Away)
- 2-0 Win vs Burnley (Home)
- 0-0 Draw vs Crystal Palace (Away)
- 4-0 Win vs Man Utd (Home)
- 0-2 Defeat vs Fulham (Away)
Possible Result : Aston Villa 3 – 2 Everton
Match Preview : On the pen and paper, Everton might seem to be a bit stronger as Marco Silva’s side is comparatively more experienced and are familiar to the Premier League atmosphere. The visitors have a strong midfield as it includes the likes of Siggurdson, Richarlison, Gomes, Walcott, Davies, Schneirdlin the familiar premier league midfield stars. Their man between the sticks is also a very reliable player, as the English number one, Jordan Pickford serves at their goal keeper.
The home team is a young side and their players have proven themselves in the Championship last season. They have some speedy stars who are quite tough to handle and don’t forget that they will be playing at the home. Their defence line is very solid and in the midfield there will be likes of John McGinn and Jack Grealish. You give them a single chance and they can snatch the game away from you in a blink of an eye.
So I expect the game to be competitive and guessing there will be no shortage of goals. Everton are expected to dominate with the stat in this match. But with the home support behind them in a familiar condition and pitch, probably an underdog win is the most probable result. So I pick Dean Smith’s Aston Villa to win this match by 3-2 margin at the Birmingham based venue.