A dream starts at the San Mames for Athletic Bilbao as they got the better of Barcelona by beating them. In fact, Los Leones couldn’t expect a better start to the campaign as they beat the defending champions of the league by 1-0. Once again they proved why they are such a formidable side at their home. They often taste the big side in their fortress and once again they showed that with such an incredible performance. Now the Red and Whites are back again to the Mames to play their 3rd home game of the season. Gaizka Garitano’s lads will be surely looking to keep their winning run at the home.
On the contrary, Deportivo Alaves too had an amazing start as they managed to beat Levante in their season opener. After 3 home matches along with an away trip to Getafe, now they are all ready to visit the Bilbao based venue. However, it will be a match week 05 games, means the 5th game of the campaign for both sides.
- Participating Teams: Athletic Bilbao vs Alaves
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week 05
- Date: 22nd September, 2019
- Time: 5:30 pm BST/ 4:30 pm GMT/ 6:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: San Mames Stadium
- Location: Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain
- Capacity: 53,289
- Surface: Grass
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
Predicted Result: Athletic Bilbao 2 – 0 Alaves
Match Preview: Firstly, Garitano will most probably go with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Moreover, as they will play in the home condition, I do think that they will look for nothing but 3 points. So they are expected to go with attacking tactics. It will be interesting to watch whether in form Aritz Aduriz starts ahead of Inaki Williams or not. Considering his recent form, the veteran should get a go.
Conversely, I expect a 4-1-4-1 formation from the Alaves head coach. In addition to this, I do believe they will go with slightly defensive tactics as well. Moreover, they shouldn’t mind having a point at the end of the 90 minutes at the Mames. Apart from this, Joselu should start as their lone striker.
Coming to the prediction, at first, I predict a dominating performance from the home side. Furthermore, I back Unai Simon to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prophecy for this clash is a 1-0 victory for the hosts.