Athletic Bilbao has been ruthless at their home. They are holding a sensational home record since the beginning of the season. Los Leones started the campaign with an incredible victory against defending champions FC Barcelona. Then they went onto winning more matches at their abode. San Mames Stadium has been proved as their fortress so far. However, in a match week 15 clash the men in red and whites will host promoted side Granada CF. It is also going to be their 8th home match of this ongoing La Liga season. In fact, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the El Sadar Stadium. In addition to this, they will head towards Esatdio Benito Villamarin to take on Real Betis after taking part in this Granada clash.
On the contrary, Granada CF will be playing their 8th road game of the campaign. The Nazaries have been better than average so far in their away matches. Whatever, they will have this trip to the Bilbao based gr
- Participating Teams: Athletic Bilbao vs Granada CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: San Mames Stadium
- Location: Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain
- Capacity: 53,289
- Surface: Grass
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Mallorca
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 3-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
Predicted Result: Athletic Bilbao 2 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: Firstly, as Bilbao will be playing at home, it will give them enormous confidence. In addition to this, the form they are in should make any opponent afraid. Thus, it is very much safe to say that, they will play for all the match points. So I can clearly see Gaizka Garitano opting an attacking tactics.
Conversely, the Nazaries too are in pretty good form. They have haunted a couple of big fishes away from the home. Thus they will be looking to repeat it once again. However, I expect them to follow a defensive tactics for this fixture. But they will certainly take their chances if given any.
Above all, my prediction for this game is another home victory for Athletic Bilbao.