After an international friendly break of 12 days, the Spanish Primera Division is off and running once again. In it’s return, it brings game day 09 fixtures along with it. In an MW-09 clash, Athletic Bilbao will take on Real Valladolid. The match will take place at the San Mames Stadium, Bilbao. However, it will be the 5th home match of the campaign for Los Leones and they will be seeking to take revenge against their counterparts. Because, the last time the two sides met, Waldo Rubio’s strike handed Valladolid 3 match points against the Lions. In addition to this, Ruben Alcaraz provided the assist on that occasion.
Conversely, the Vermilions will be looking for something similar when they will visit the San Mames. However, it will be their 6th game on the roads. I must add that, they started their new campaign with 3 straight away games. Nevertheless, they will have this trip following a home clash against the current league runners up. Moreover, they will also play their next league game at their home against Eibar.
- Participating Teams: Athletic Bilbao vs Real Valladolid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: San Mames Stadium
- Location: Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain
- Capacity: 53,289
- Surface: Grass
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
- Goalkeepers: Churripi, Jordi Masip.
- Defenders: Federico Barba, Kiko, Fernando Calero, Luismi, Javi Antonito, Javi Moyano, Nacho Martinez.
- Midfielders: Javi Sanchez, Akvaro Aguado, David Mayoral, Joaquin,Fede San Emeterio, Jorge de Frutos, Hervias, Anuar, Toni Villa, Ruben Alcaraz, Michel.
- Forwards: Chris Ramos, Waldo Rubio, Sandro Ramirez, Marcos de Sousa, Enes Unal, Oscar Plano, Stiven Plaza, Sergi Guardiola.
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
Valladolid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-1 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
- 1-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
Predicted Result: Athletic Bilbao 2 – 0 Real Valladolid
Match Preview: The hosts will definitely start as the favorites. They will play at the home as well as are in top form. Thus, the Red and Whites will be pretty confident about taking on their counterparts. Moreover, Garitano will surely eye all 3 points. So he is expected to go with attacking tactics. Inaki Williams and Aritz Aduriz will be the players to watch for them.
On the contrary, Valladolid too got a good start considering their beginnings in the other seasons. But the thing which will boost their morale will be the stat against this Bilbao based side. Out of the last 5 meetings between the two clubs, the White and Violets won twice and lost only once.
My prediction for this game is a 2-0 victory for Athletic Bilbao.