Late October brings a lot of exciting La Liga clashes for the fans. Match week 10 fixtures will be full of spice. In a crucial game day 10 clash, Atletico Madrid will face Athletic Bilbao. Wanda Metropolitano Stadium will host this encounter. It is going to be a busy as well as a tough couple of days for Los Rojiblancos. In addition to this, it is going to be their 3rd straight game at their abode within only 7 days. They will actually begin this journey against Valencia CF when the Oranges will visit the Spanish capital to take part in a MW-09 clash. Then the German Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen will fly to Spain to be hosted by the La Liga giants in an UCL game. Nevertheless, now they are all set to take on Los Leones in their next fixture.
On the other hand, Athletic Bilbao will play their 5th road game of the season. After taking on Real Valladolid at the San Mames Stadium, they will visit the capital to come take part in this crucial fixture.
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 10
- Date: 25th/26th/27th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-2 Win vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
Predicted Result: Atletico Madrid 3 – 2 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview: It is going to be one heck of a clash. Both the sides have strong and balanced squads. In addition to this, they both are in top form since the start of the season. Thus, an exciting game is definitely on the cards.
A lot of consecutive big matches will put pressure on Diego Simeone’s side. But they are used to it. So they will try to put the pressure back on the opponents. Among the last 5 meetings, Atletico won on 4 occasions and Bilbao won just 1. However, The Lions will be more than pleased to recall that they won the last ever cash between the two sides.
Coming to the prediction, I’m once again mentioning about a thrilling game. I am also guessing high number of goals in this fixture. Finally my prediction is a 3-2 victory for the hosts.