The current runners up of the La Liga, Atletico de Madrid will play Celta de Vigo in a match week 05 fixture. Moreover, it will be Atletico’s 3rd home match of the campaign. The Red and Whites literally made a good start to the season as they won their season opener against Getafe. So they will try to keep the winning run going as the season progresses. However, they will return from the Sociedad to welcome Celta at the Wanda Metropolitano.
On the contrary, it will be Celta’s 2nd away fixture of the campaign. In fact, they will have a trip to the Spanish capital following their home match against Granada. Nevertheless, The Sky Blues couldn’t get the start they wanted as they tasted the defeat against Real Madrid at the home. Now they will try their best to go past another Madrid based side.
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs Celta Vigo
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 05
- Date: 21st September 2019
- Time: 5:30 pm BST/ 4:30 pm GMT/ 6:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak, Alejandro Dos Santos Ferreira.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Antonio Montoro, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, Rodrigo Riquelme.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Teye Thomas, Koke, Saul Niguez, Antonio Moya, Joaquin Munoz, Joao Felix Sequeira, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Giovanni Navrro Sole, Abdelkader Ouseslati, Ivan Saponjic.
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Valladolid
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Leganes
Predicted Result : Atletico 2 – 0 Celta Vigo
Match Preview : Firstly, I think, Diego Simeone may opt a 4-1-2-1-2 formation for this encounter. Moreover, as they will play in their familiar home condition, they will be looking for nothing but all the 3 points. So I am expecting an attacking tactic from the home side. However, the midfield should have consisted of Thomas Partey, Saul Niguez, and Koke. In addition to this, Thomas Lemar should keep his spot at the number 10 position. Furthermore, Felix and Morata should start the front.
Conversely, The Celtics will most probably go with a 4-2-2-2 formation. But as I guess, a draw will please them because a point from the Metropolitano won’t be bad for them. So Fran Escriba is most likely to go with defensive tactics.
Coming to the prediction, I am deducing a dominating display from the home side. I also back Oblak to keep a clean sheet in this fixture. Finally, my pick for this encounter is a 2-0 victory for the hosts.