Wanda Metropolitano is all set to host its second league match of the campaign. In a match week 03 match, Spanish giant Atletico Madrid will welcome SD Eibar. Los Colchoneros will be back to their fortress after visiting Estadio Municipal de Butarque to play Leganes. Conversely, Eibar is yet to play in their home ground this season as they will play their 3rd straight away match against Atletico. They will continue their road journey following the clashes against Real Mallorca and Osasuna. Los Armeros will finally return to the home after the international break. They will host Catalonia based side Espanyol in a match week 04 game. Now coming back to the previously mentioned game, it will be a Sunday evening game. The clash will begin at 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT).
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs Getafe
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 03
- Date: 1 September 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak, Alejandro Dos Santos Ferreira.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Borja Gonzalez, Rafael Munoz, Francesco Montero, Carlos Munoz, Antonio Montoro, Ivan Vicente, Manuel Sanchez, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, Rodrigo Riquelme.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Teye Thomas, Koke, Saul Niguez, Roberto Olabe Del Arco, Caio Henrizque, Antonio Moya, Oscar Francesco Garcia Quantela, Joaquin Munoz, Joao Felix Sequeira, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Roberto Nunez Manas, Borja Garces, Momar N’Doye, Alberto Rodenas, Carlos Blanco, Zakaria Boulahia, Sergio Camello, Giovanni Navrro Sole, Abdelkader Ouseslati, Ivan Saponjic.
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Esteban Burgos, Rober, Ruben Lobato, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Edu Exposito, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-2 Win vs Valencia
Eibar last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 0-2 Defeat vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Atletico 2 – 0 Eibar
Match Preview: The current league runners certainly do have a more balanced and stronger squad. They will also play in their home condition and will get the crowd support behind them. They will be looking for nothing but a victory. Simeone should go with attacking tactics.
On the contrary, Eibar should look to secure a point by just holding their counterparts. They will definitely go with defensive tactics. But it will be tough for them to return to home with something from the Metropolitano. Home side’s French attacker Wissam Ben Yedder will play a vital role to decide the game.
I’m expecting a dominating performance from Simeone’s lads. I also guess that Oblak will keep a clean sheet in this encounter. Finally, I’m picking a 2-0 victory for the hosts.