This is going to be the clash between a Madrid based side vs a Catalonia based team. Wait, Wait, Wait!! I ain’t talking about the El Clasico. You have been the viewers of the El Clasico in the latest month (October). However, this is going to be the match between Madrid’s 2nd best club Atletico de Madrid vs Catalonia’s 2nd best club RCD Espanyol. Los Rojiblnacos are chasing their 11th La Liga title in history. However, they haven’t won the Spanish top-flight title since their latest victory in the 2013-14 season. In addition to this, it will be their 7th home game in this ongoing league season. Moreover, they will make their return to the Wanda Metropolitano after a hat-trick of road matches in all competitions. In fact, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the Bay Arena of Germany.
Conversely, the UEFA Europa League contenders will play their 7th away match of the campaign. They will have this visit to the Spanish capital following their UEL home match against Ludogorets.
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs RCD Espanyol
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 13
- Date: 8th/9th/10th November 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-2 Win vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-3 Defeat vs Granada
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
Predicted Result: Atletico Madrid 3 – 0 Espanyol
Match Preview: The league runners up will try to hold their record at the home. They will definitely start as the favorites. In addition to this, they are stronger than their counterparts by miles. Thus, there will be no choice except a win for the Red and Whites. So they should play with an ultra attacking mode.
On the contrary, Espanyol will travel as the underdogs for sure. They will be seeking for a point from this fixture. Thus, they will certainly play with defensive tactics. Moreover, they may choose to play with “Park the Bus” mode as well.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I’m expecting a one-sided clash in this game. I also back Atletico to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my pick for this game is dominating as well as a comprehensive victory for the home side.