The match week 01 of the fresh new La Liga season ends with the clash between Atletico de Madrid and Getafe CF. The 10 times league champions are back after a big break. During the post break period, they toured to USA where they had an amazing preseason campaign. Diego Simeone’s lads took on their city rivals Real Madrid in New Jersey’s Metlife Stadium and absolutely destroyed the Blancos by putting the balls 7 times in their net. The Spanish capital based club last won the league in 2013-14 season. Last season they finished 2nd in the table just behind Barcelona. Their opposition Getafe also had a brilliant last season where they occupied the 5th position. As a reward they will feature in this season’s UEFA Europa League. The match will take place on 18th August and will be kicked off at 9 pm local time. Wanda Metroplitano Stadium will host the match.
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs Getafe
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 01
- Date: 18th August
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak, Miguel San Roman, Carlos Merin Thomas, Alejandro Dos Santos Ferreira.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Leonadro Cabrera, Nehuan Perez, Janfran, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Borja Gonzalez, Sergio Gonzalez, Alejandro Garcia Fernandez, Andres Solano, Rafael Munoz, Aitor Punal, Francesco Montero, Alberto Rodriguez, Carlos Munoz, Antonio Montoro, Ivan Vicente, Manuel Sanchez, Kieran Trippier, Fallou Gallas.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Teye Thomas, Tiago Mendes, Christian Rodriguez, Koke, Saul Niguez, Juan Moreno, Roberto Olabe Del Arco, Caio Henrizque, Arona Sane, Ignacio Monsalve, Yassine Bono, Mikel Carro, Ruben Fernandez, Antonio Moya, Oscar Francesco Garcia Quantela, Joaquin Munoz, Juan Aguero, Gustavo Enrique Assuncao Da Silva, Joao Felix Sequeira, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Angel Correa, Rafael Santos Borre, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Roberto Nunez Manas, Borja Garces, Salomon Obama, Victor Molleja, Momar N’Doye, Alberto Rodenas, Carlos Blanco, Zakaria Boulahia, Sergio Camello, Giovanni Navrro Sole, Abdelkader Ouseslati, Ivan Saponjic.
- Goal Keepers : Filip Manojlovic, Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria, Ruben Yanez.
- Defenders : Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Dakoran Djene, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders : Lazo, Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic.
- Forwards : Merveille Ndockyt, Amath Diedhiou, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-2 Win vs Valencia
Getafe Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Sociedad
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Madrid
Predicted Result: Atletico 2 – 0 Getafe
Match Preview: Both team will try to get a good start. But it won’t be an easy task for Getafe against Los Colchoneros in their own backyard. the visitors should be happy with a draw. But Simeone would like a dominating performance from his lads. They will be definitely seeking for their 1st 3 points.
It will be the first league match without Antoine Griezmann for the hosts as the French super star joined Barcelona at the end of the previous season. But their new signing Joao Felix is ready to grab the vacant position. With such potentiality he can get success in the highest level and can lead the Rojiblancos towards numerous titles.
My prediction for this encounter is a 2-0 victory for the home side.