Hello La Liga fans, here comes the Madrid Derby! The clash you are eagerly waiting to see for a while. Besides, it is one of the major 3 clashes in the league along with the El Clasico and the Barca-Atletico clash. In the 4th as well as the last fixture of the 28th September, this two league giants will come face to face with each other. This is going to be an enormous clash as the two former champions will try to get the better of each other in a superb battle of 90 minutes.
In addition to this, it will be the 4th home game of the campaign for the Red and Whites. The Rojiblancos have made a tremendous start to their league campaign. However, they will come to play this fixture following their away game against Real Mallorca. On the contrary, it is going to be the4th road clash of the campaign for the 13 time UCL champions. Nevertheless, the Saturday night fixture has been scheduled to take place on 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT).
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 07
- Date: 28th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Villareal
Predicted Result : Atletico 2 – 1 Real Madrid
Match Preview : Firstly, it is not only the battle for the 3 points but also the battle for the prestige and reputation. Moreover, the clashes like this also decide the winners of the La Liga at the end of the season. So both the sides will try to do their best to grab the points. The players will also try to steal the spotlight as there are very few matches which get such massive media attraction.
Besides, it is going to be the occasion of the revenge for the 33 times La Liga champions Real Madrid. Because, the last time these two sides faced each other, Atletico destroyed their city rivals by 7-3 margin in the International Champions Cup. That score card will be still hurting the Blancos for sure. Thus they will look forward to securing the match points as well as to take the revenge.
Coming to the prediction, me and even you can certainly smell a sensational battle of 90 minutes at the Wanda Metropolitano. I also guess that, both the parties will trouble the scorers in this game as I back both the sides to score. Finally, my prediction for this high voltage clash is a 2-1 victory for the hosts.