Game Day 09 brings an exciting clash for the La Liga fans, as Atletico de Madrid are all set to play Valencia CF. The current league runners up side will host the Oranges at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium. In addition to this, the Rojiblancos are to have a very very busy October. Loads of matches are awaiting for them. Just a couple of days before taking on Bayer Leverkusen, they will have to take part in this encounter. Atletico Valencia clashes often offers heart stopping situations. Los Ches rarely wins against the Spanish capital based side but they really often take tough tests of the league giants. However, it will be the fifth home game of the campaign for Diego Simeone’s side and also the very first league game after the international break.
Conversely, it is going to be a tough week for Valencia as well. They will have this trip to the Spanish capital just a few days prior to their trip to the Lille. In fact, they will have to travel a long way to the France to take part in their next UCL clash.
- Participating Teams: Atletico Madrid vs Valencia CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Wanda Metropolitano
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 67,829
- Surface: Grass
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Celta Vigo
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
Predicted Result : Atletico Madrid 2 – 1 Valencia
Match Preview : Firstly, it will be a post international break clash. That means both sides will be hoping that no injury incident occurs to their players. In addition to this, they both will play their respective UEFA Champions League games within the upcoming few days. It will put extra pressure on them. But the more pressure will be on Los Ches. They will have to travel a long way. Their Madrid trip will be followed by their Lille trip. Thus the players may feel tired. So it will be interesting to see how they cope with the situation.
Coming to the stats, Valencia failed to win in the last 5 meetings against the Rojiblancos. Moreover, they even failed to avoid defeat in their last 3 away matches against Simeone’s side. So it is going to be a hard challenge for them.
Above all, I’m still expecting a tough and competitive game. My pick is a narrow victory for the hosts.