The match week 02 of the 2019-20 La Liga season will finish with the clash between FC Barcelona and Real Betis. Nou Camp will host it’s very first game of this fresh new season. So the current champions will be finally back to their fortress. After a long break and a busy preseason, the Blaugranas started their season against Athletic Bilbao away from the home. But now they will be back to the fort to entertain the fans and will continue their journey in the league looking for their 27th La Liga title. Conversely, it will be Real Betis’ 1st away game of this campaign as they will start the season against Valladolid at the Benito Villamarin. The game will begin at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT).
- Participating Team: FC Barcelona vs Real Betis
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 02
- Date: 25th August, 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Camp Nou Stadium
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Surface: GrassMaster Hybrid Grass
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Ronald Araujo, Nelson Semedo, Guilleme Jaime.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Philippe Coutinho, Carles Alena, Jean-Clair Todibo, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Hiroki Abe.
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian.
Barcelona Last 5 Matches:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
- 0-4 Defeat vs Liverpool
- 2-0 Win vs Celta de Vigo
Real Betis Last 5 Matches:
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Eibar
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
- 0-4 Defeat vs Levante
Predicted Result : Barcelona 3 – 0 Real Betis
Match Preview : It will be an exciting occasion for the new Barcelona signings Antoine Griezmann as well as Frenkie De Jong. The duo will play their first ever league game for Barca in the Camp Nou. Although the World Cup winner with France, has previously visited this stadium to play league games, he featured here for Atletico de Madrid. So the fans will warmly welcome the duo for sure.
The Catalans will look for their 27th league title and that means they will be looking for nothing but a win. Obviously Valverede is expected to go with an ultra attacking tactics. Apart from this, a Camp Nou game means another sublime Leo Messi show. Unquestionably the Argentine will play the most vital role in this clash for the hosts. On the contrary, the visitors will certainly go with a defensive tactics. However, Betis’ head coach Rubi may come with the park the bus option as well. A draw will definitely please them.
Firstly, I think the Barcelona goal stopper will keep a clean sheet. Secondly. Leo Messi will most probably score a Brace. Finally, my prediction for this match is a dominating 3-0 victory for the home side.