Following the high voltage clash against rival Atletico de Madrid, league titleholder FC Barcelona will return to the home to play their next league match. In a match week 16, the defending champions will take on Real Mallorca. However, the Camp Nou Stadium of Catalonia will have the privilege to host the fixture. It is also going to be the Blaugranas’ 8th home fixture of the ongoing La Liga campaign. The 26-time winners are looking for their 27th as well as 3rd consecutive Spanish top-flight title. In addition to this, the upper mentioned encounter of Barca will be followed by another exciting clash. Because the La Liga giants are all set to fly to Italy to take on Inter Milan in their very last fixture of this season’s UCL group stage.
On the contrary, Real Mallorca will be playing their 7th away fixture of the campaign. They will have this trip to the home of the champions following their home fixture against the Green and Whites. However, the Vermilions will continue their road journey as they will head towards the Abanca Balaidos Stadium of Vigo to face Celta in their next La Liga fixture.
- Participating Team: FC Barcelona vs Real Mallorca
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 16
- Date: 6th/7th/8th December 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Camp Nou Stadium
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 99,354
- Surface: GrassMaster hybrid grass
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Nelson Semedo.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Carles Alena, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele.
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 5-2 Win vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Osasuna
- 5-2 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
Predicted Result: Barcelona 3 – 0 Real Mallorca
Match Preview: As Barcelona will be playing at the Camp Nou, there remains no doubt that they will play for all the 3 points. In fact, they are a much stronger side than their opponents. Moreover, they are in pretty good form lately. Thus, I certainly expect them to play with an ultra attacking mode. They will also seek an early lead to dominate the game.
Conversely, the Barralets will first try to defend their backs. Thus they will certainly select a defensive tactic for this fixture. However, a point will definitely please them very much.
I’m expecting a one-sided clash. I also back Barca to keep a clean sheet. Nevertheless, my pick is a comprehensive victory for the Blaugranas.