Spanish La Liga’s defending champion FC Barcelona is targetting their 27th Spanish top-flight title. It will also be the hat-trick La Liga mission for the back to back winners. As a part of that mission, they will face Sevilla FC in a match week 08 fixture. The Camp Nou Stadium will have the privilege to host this exciting game. In addition to this, it is going to be the 4th home game of the campaign for the title holders. The Blaugranas couldn’t make a great start as they surprisingly tasted defeat in their season opener. However, they came back well and showed what they are capable off in their inaugural home match (2nd league match) at the Camp Nou.
On the contrary, the Seville based club is in tremendous form. They have started the season in a stunning way. Besides, they are going to play their 5th road game of the season. However, they should be thrilled to recall their earlier away fixture, where they managed to get back to back victories.
- Participating Team: FC Barcelona vs Sevilla FC
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 08
- Date: 6th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: 8 pm BST / 7 pm GMT / 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Camp Nou Stadium
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 99,354
- Surface: GrassMaster hybrid grass
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Nelson Semedo.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Carles Alena, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele.
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos.
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 5-2 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
Sevilla last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Granada
- 2-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-3 Defeat vs Leganes
Predicted Result: Barcelona 3 – 1 Sevilla
Match Preview: This is going to be an exciting game for football lovers. Both the sides do have the best squads in the league. However, the home condition will definitely keep the Catalans ahead. They are also ahead in the last 5 meetings. Moreover, the last time Sevilla visited the Catalonia based venue, Barca put 6 goals in their net!
Conversely, when you play Barca away from the home, you have to defend yourself first even if you are on the top of your form. Thus, an in-form side Sevilla won’t risk to the eye for all 3 points. So I think, even a point from a draw will give the Red and Whites an immense pleasure.
Coming to the prediction, I’ll keep Barca ahead considering the strength of the squad as well as the home condition. But I think Sevilla will try their best to gift themselves a point and maybe ended up scoring a goal. Whatever my pick is definitely a Barcelona victory (3-1).