Defending champions FC Barcelona will take on current Copa Del Rey title holders Valencia CF. It will be a match week 04 clash of the fresh new 2019-20 season. The Saturday night clash has been scheduled to start at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). Moreover, it will be Barca’s 2nd home league clash at the Camp Nou Stadium after their clash against Real Betis. In fact, they will come back to the home following their trip to El Sadar to face Osasuna. On the contrary, Valencia will play their 2nd away game of the campaign following their home game against Real Mallorca at the Mestalla. It will be the rematch of the Copa Del Rey final of the last season, where Los Ches clinched the title by beating Barca. So Barca will have their chances to take the revenge at their own fortress.
- Participating Team: FC Barcelona vs Valencia CF
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 14th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Camp Nou Stadium
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 99,354
- Surface: GrassMaster hybrid grass
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Ronald Araujo, Nelson Semedo, Guilleme Jaime.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Philippe Coutinho, Carles Alena, Jean-Clair Todibo, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Hiroki Abe.
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
- 0-4 Defeat vs Liverpool
- 2-0 Win vs Celta de Vigo
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
- 2-4 Defeat vs Arsenal
- 6-2 Win vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Barcelona 3 – 0 Valencia
Match Preview: As I have mentioned it earlier, it will be the rematch of the last year’s Copa Del Rey final. Barcelona will be aiming to get all 3 points as well as the revenge of that game. So the Blaugranas will go with their full strength. Moreover, Ernesto Valverde will most probably opt an attacking tactic to secure a big win.
On the other hand, The Oranges will be hoping something similar like the cup final. But it doesn’t need to mention that, it will not be an easy task against the Camp Nou crowd. In addition to this, the Catalans will have the crowd support behind their backs. So I think, even a draw will please the visitors on this occasion. Furthermore, I guess Marcelino will go with defensive tactics.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I expect a typical dominating Barca performance. Secondly, I’m backing Marc Andre Ter Stegen to keep a clean sheet in this encounter. Finally, my prognostic for this game is a 3-0 Barcelona victory.