In the very last match of the 24th September, Barcelona will take on Villarreal CF in a high voltage La Liga clash. Obviously, it will be a Tuesday night encounter. In fact, it will be a match week 06 fixture means the 6th game of the season for both the sides. However, it has been scheduled to start at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). In addition to this, it will be the 3rd home game of the campaign for Barca. They will come back to the home following their trip to the Carmenes after the Granada clash.
On the contrary, it will be 3rd match away from the home for the Yellow Submarines. They will play their first two away games against Levante and Leganes respectively. But they will come to take part in this fixture, following their home clash against Valladolid at the Ceramica.
- Participating Team: FC Barcelona vs Villarreal CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 06
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Tuesday
- Venue: Camp Nou Stadium
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 99,354
- Surface: GrassMaster hybrid grass
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Ronald Araujo, Nelson Semedo, Guilleme Jaime.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Philippe Coutinho, Carles Alena, Jean-Clair Todibo, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Hiroki Abe
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Toko Ekambi, Raba.
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
- 0-4 Defeat vs Liverpool
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Barcelona 2 – 0 Villarreal
Match Preview: A game at the Camp Nou means flooding of goals for the Catalans. But Villarreal is a formidable side for sure. However, the Blaugranas will definitely target all the 3 points from the fixture. So, they are to go with attacking tactics. Being criticized recently, Valverde will try to make the fans amused with the team performance. However, once again Leo Messi will be the key for the hosts.
On the contrary, when you visit Camp Nou, you must know that doesn’t matter whoever you are, you are certainly the underdogs. So Villarreal must opt the defensive style of playing for this encounter. But they will certainly take a tough test of their opponents.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I can smell a typical Barcelona kind of footballing display at the Camp Nou. Moreover, I back Ter Stegen to keep a clean sheet. I also think that Leo will put his name once again on the scoreboard in this clash. Finally, a 2-0 victory for the hosts is what I’m picking.