The Soccer lovers in the USA are having a great time as the European giants along with their superstar footballers are delivering the taste of the beautiful European football at the US soil. Thus the International Champions Cup has made a fascinating stage for the soccer fans of America. On the 23rd July German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich will take on Serie-A team AC Milan in a International Champions Cup match. The game will be hosted by the Children’s Mercy Park of Kansas City. It will be the 3rd game of the tournament for the Bavarians meanwhile the first appearance for the Rossoneris.
- Participating Teams: Bayern Munich vs AC Milan
- Competition: International Champions Cup
- Date: 23rd July, 2019 (day past late night in Europe)
- Day: Tuesday (day past late night in Europe)
- Time: 8 pm CDT, 3 am CEST (+1day), 2 am BST (+1day)
- Venue: Children’s Mercy Park
- Location: One Sporting Way, Kansas City, Kansas
- Capacity: 18,467
- Surface: Latitude 36 Bermuda Grass
Bayern Munich Squad:
- Goal Keepers : Manuel Neuer, Sven Ulreich, Christian Fruchti, Ronn-Thorben Hoffman.
- Defenders : Corentin Tolisso, Niklas Sule, Jerome Boateng, Lucas Hernandez, Ivan Mihaljevic, Louis Poznanski, David Alaba, Ryan Johansson, Jonas Kehl.
- Midfielders : Thiago, Javi Martinez, Leon Goretzka, Thomas Muller, Kingsley Coman, Daniels Ontuzans, Maximilian Zaiser, Joshua Kimmich, Renato Sanches, Sarpreet Singh, Angelo Stiller.
- Forwards : Robert Lewandowski, Jann-Fiete Arp, Alphonso Davies, Serge Gnabry.
AC Milan Squad:
- Goal Keepers : Andrea Conti, Pepe Reina, Alessandro Plizzari, Matteo Soncin, Antonio Donnarumma, Gianluigi Donnarumma.
- Defenders : Davide Calabria, Alessio Romagnoli, Cristian Zapata, Ignazio Abate, Mateo Musacchio, Ivan Strinic, Mattia Caldara, Franck Kessie, Ricardo Rodriguez.
- Midfielders : Jose Mauri, Giacomo Bonaventura, Samu Castillejo, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Hakan Calhanoglu, Andrea Bertolacci, Lucas Biglia, Riccardo Montolivo, Lucas Paqueta, Diego Laxalt, Emanuele Torrasi.
- Forwards : Suso, Fabio Borini, Krzysztof Piatek, Frank Tsadjout, Patrick Cutrone.
Bayern Munich Last 5 Matches :
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Arseanl
- 1-1 Draw vs Kaiserslautern
- 3-0 Win vs Leipzig
- 5-1 Win vs Frankfurt
AC Milan Last 5 Matches :
- 3-2 Win vs SPAL
- 2-0 Win vs Frosinone
- 1-0 Win vs Fiorentina
- 2-1 Win vs Bologna
- 0-2 Defeat vs Torino
Predicted Result: Bayern Munich 3 – 2 AC Milan
Match Preview : The Bavarians couldn’t make a great start to this tournament as they were welcomed with a 2-1 defeat against EPL club Arsenal. But they showed the character soon in the very next match as they beat Real Madrid comprehensively. On the contrary, the Rossoneris are yet to play a game in this tournament. It is going to be their first job in this tour.
So it’s quite tough to predict the Milan first xi in this game. But the German title holders can make a few changes to the team which just defeated the Galacticos. Robert Lewandowski is in superb form and scored in both of the previous 2 games. The Polish international is always hungry for the goals and will be looking for his 3rd of this preseason tournament. Serge Gnabry also is in great touch, he scored in the latest one and provided another against the Gunners.
A superb battle is gonna happen during this 90 minutes. There will be no shortage of goals I’m guessing. A 3-2 victory for the Bayern is what I’m picking as the result with a Lewandowski brace.