In the match day 3, the defending champions Manchester City will be travelling to the Dorset to play A.F.C. Bournemouth. It will be the second home game of the season for The Cherries. The Blues from the Manchester are completely dominating the English top flight since the last half a decade. They have been destroying the opponents both in the home and away matches. Only a few side could save themselves from the Citizens’ monstrous attack. Last season proved to be one of the best ever seasons in the history of the EPL and Guardiola’s side finished things off in style. In this new season they will certainly try their best to start in the similar fashion.
- Played between : A.F.C. Bournemouth vs Manchester City
- Match Day : 03
- Date : 25 August, 2019
- Time : 2 pm BST
- Day : Sunday
- Venue : Vitality Stadium
- Location : Kings Park, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Capacity : 11,329
- Surface : Grass
Bournemouth Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Asmir Begovic, Artur Boruc, Aaron Ramsdale, Mark Travers.
- Defenders : Nathan Ake, Chris Mepham, Steve Cook, Lloyd Kelly, Diego Rico, Adam Smith, Tyrone Mings, Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis, Jack Simpson, Bradley Franchis, Matt Butcher.
- Midfielders : Ryan Fraser, Jefferson Lema, Lewis Cook, David Brooks, Jordon Ibe, Harry Arter, Junior Stanislas, Dan Gosling, Andrew Surman, Emerson Hyndman, Connor Mahoney, Nnamdi Ofoborh, Mihai alexandru Dobre, Kyle Taylor.
- Forwards : Callum Wilson, Dominic Solanke, Joshua King, Lys Mousset, Sam Surridge.
- Manager : Eddie Howe.
Man City Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Ederson, Claudio Bravo, Arijanet Muric.
- Defenders : Aymeric Laporte, John Stones, Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy, Nicolas Otamendi, Oleksandr-Zinchenko, Danilo, Angelino, Fabian Delph, Eliaquim Mangala, Pablo Mari, Erik Palmer-Brown, Philippe Sandler.
- Midfielders : Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan, Phil Foden, Fernandinho, Alex garcia, Douglas Luiz, Luka Ilic, Marlos Moreno.
- Forwards : Sergio Aguero, Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Riyad Mahrez.
- Manager : Pep Guardiola.
Bournemouth Last 5 Matches (Last Season):
- 3-5 Defeat vs Crystal Palace
- 1-0 win vs Tottenham
- 3-3 Draw vs Southampton
- 0-1 Defeat vs Fulham
- 5-0 Win vs Brighton and Hove Albion
Man City Last 5 Matches (Last Season):
- 6-0 win vs Watford (N)
- 4-1 win vs Brighton and Hove Albion (A)
- 1-0 win vs Leicester (H)
- 1-0 vs Burnley (A)
- 2-0 vs Man Utd (A)
Predicted Match Result : Bournemouth 0 – 4 Man City.
Match Preview and Prediction : Bournemouth is a good team with a talented squad. Eddie Howe is directing them superbly and they have the potentiality to win against any side. The likes of Ryan Fraser, Junior Stanislas are very usueful in the midfield. In the attack, they’ve got Calum Wilson, Dominic Solanke, Joshua King. They love to score and they have the ability to score, so you just can’t take them lightly.
But when it comes to the Guardiola’s Man City, you only and only can imagine 90 minutes full of City goals with the likes of Aguero, Jesus, KDB, Sterling writing their names in the score sheet. Man City has a very good away record against most of their Premier League opponents and I expect the Manchester based side to get a easy victory over The Cherries. Their creative football in the midfield along with the pacey sprints in the wings and calm headed finishes at the front should be enough to down under the hosts.