In the 3rd fixture of the match week 10 of the ongoing English Premier League season, Brighton and Hove Albion FC will take on Everton FC. The clash will take place at the Amex Stadium of Sussex. The match has been scheduled to start at 2 pm GMT (3 pm BST). It will be a Saturday afternoon encounter. Brighton will come into this fixture following their 2-1 away defeat against Aston Villa. Their Villa tour started smoothly as they gained an early lead with an Adam Webster strike. But Aaron Mooy’s red card changed the complexion of the game completely. Jack Grealish equalized during the stoppage time of the first half. The English man once again stole the spotlight with a superb assist which saw M Targett scoring the decisive goal with less than 60 seconds remaining on the clock.
On the contrary, the Merseyside Blues will have this visit to the Sussex based venue following their 2-0 home victory over West Ham Utd. Bernard, as well as Gylfi Sigurdsson’s strikes, helped them gaining 3 points. Now let’s see which side come out on top in this Saturday afternoon encounter.
Match Details :
- Date: 26th October 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST / 2 pm GMT
- Day: Saturday
- Match Day: 10
- Venue: Amex Stadium
- Location: Falmer, East Sussex, England
- Capacity : 30,750
- Surface: Grass
Brighton Squad :
- Goalkeeper: Mathew Ryan, Jason Steele, David Button.
- Defenders: Bruno, Gaetan Bong, Lewis Dunk, Leon Balogun, Martin Montoya, Shane Duffy, Bernardo Fernandes De Silva Junior, Dan Burn, Danik Karkdjik, Mathhew Clarke.
- Midfielders: Dale Stephens, Beram Kayal, Florine Andone, Anthony Knockaert, Pascal Gross, Solly March, Davy Propper, Jayson Molumby.
- Forwards: Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Yves Bissouma, Glenn Murray, Jose Izquiredo, Jurgen Locadia, Viktor Gyokeres, Leonadro Trossard.
Everton Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Jordan Pickford, Maarten Stekelenburg, Jonas Lossl.
- Defenders: Luke Garbutt, Matthew Pennington, Cuco Martina, Leighton Baines, Mason Holgate, Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane, Lucas Digne.
- Midfielders: Beni Baningime, Kieran Dowell, James Mccarthy, Muhamed Besic, Henry Onyekuru, Morgan Schneiderlin, Tom Davies, Theo Walcott, Bernard, Idrisaa Gueye, Andre Gomes, Gylfi Siggurdson, Richarlison.
- Forwards: Shani Tarashaj, Kevin Mirallas, Cenk Tosun, Ademola Lookman, Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Brighton Last 5 Matches :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Aston Villa
- 3-0 Win vs Tottenham
- 0-2 Defeat vs Chelsea
- 1-2 Defeat vs Aston Villa
- 0-0 Draw vs New Castle
Everton Last 5 Matches :
- 2-0 Win vs West Ham
- 0-1 Defeat vs Burnley
- 1-3 Defeat vs Man City
- 2-0 Win vs Sheffield Wed
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sheffield UTD
Predicted Result: Brighton 1 – 1 Everton
Match Preview: Neither of the sides is in good form. Both of them seemed to be struggling. But Everton’s situation is comparatively better. They are also sitting high in the table. But their away results haven’t been that much impressive. On the contrary, Brighton performed better at the Amex Stadium. As the Seagulls will be playing at home, it should boost their morale. However, they will miss their Australian midfield star Aaron Mooy who was sent off by the referee against the Villans. Everton will once again rely on Sigurdsson and Walcott to do something special away from the abode.
I can smell a competitive game on the card. My prediction for this game is a 1-1 draw at the end of the 90 minutes.