After the departure of the September, October brings another bunch of La Liga matches. In a match week 08 fixture, Celta de Vigo will take on Athletic Bilbao. Abanca Balaidos Stadium will have the privilege to host this clash. However, this will be the 5th home clash of the campaign for Celta Vigo. The Sky Blues couldn’t start their campaign with a victory at the home as Real Madrid thrashed them 3-1 in their season opener. However, they made a great comeback in the very next game. Now they will play this fixture following their visit to the Ipurua Stadium.
Conversely, Athletic Club are going to play their 4th away game of the season. Their away campaign started with a 1-1 draw against Getafe at the Alfonso Coliseum Perez Stadium. However, they will have this trip to the Vigo based Stadium following their home fixture against Valencia CF. Moreover, they will play their next match against Real Valladolid at the San Mames Stadium.
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 08
- Date: 4th October, 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST / 7 pm GMT / 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Friday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Valladolid
Predicted Result : Celta Vigo 2 – 2 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview : It is definitely going to be such a mouth watering clash. Both the sides do have strong, quality squad. However, the home condition will keep the Celtics ahead. Thus, they will be looking for the victory at their abode. So, I expect Fran Escriba to go with a comparatively attacking mindset.
On the contrary, Bilbao is a very very dangerous side. They can beat any side on any condition. In addition to this, they are very much consistent in the La Liga. Moreover, the Lions are in top form. So they also will be aiming the 3 points. Garitano is not a person to hold back which indicates they too will go with the attacking tactics.
Coming to the prediction, I’m expecting an absolute cracker of a match. I am also backing both the sides to score. Finally, my prediction is a 2-2 draw at the end of the 90 minutes.