Just an hour after the starting of the Eibar Sevilla encounter, Celta Vigo will take on Espanyol in the 2nd match of the day. It will also be the 9th as well as the penultimate fixture of the match week 06. The Thursday night clash has been scheduled to be kicked off at the 8 pm local time (6 pm GMT). However, it will be the 4th home game of the season for Celta Vigo. Although they started badly in their opening fixture against Real Madrid at the Abanca Balaidos, they came back well in the next fixture against Valencia. Nevertheless, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the Wanda Metropolitano.
Conversely, it will be the 3rd away game of the season for Espanyol. They will have this trip to the Balaidos following their home clash against Real Sociedad at the RCDE Stadium. In addition to this, they will once again go back to the home to welcome Real Valladolid in their next fixture.
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs RCD Espanyol
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 06
- Date: 26th September 2019
- Time: 7 pm BST/ 6 pm GMT/ 8 pm Local
- Day: Thursday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, Adria Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez Marmol, Didac Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, Adria Lopez Garrote.
- Midfielders: Mohamed Ezzarfani, Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, Ander Iturrapse, Sergi Darder, Oscar Melendo, David Lopez, Javi Lopez, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
- 3-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Betis
Predicted Result : Celta Vigo 2 – 0 Espanyol
Match Preview : Considering this as a home fixture, the Sky Blues should be fully confident. Moreover, they are in pretty form lately, Thus, without any doubt they will play for all the 3 points. So I expect Fran Escriba to opt an attacking style of playing in this clash.
On the contrary, Espanyol would have lack of confidence considering their recent forms. Moreover, they will play in a hostile away condition. So a draw won’t be a bad result for them. That’s why I expect David Gallego to go with a defensive tactics. But there is no chance of thinking that the Catalonia based club won’t take their chances if have any.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I am guessing a dominating display from the Celtics. Moreover, I back their keeper to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prediction for this clash is a 2-0 victory for the home side.