In the 8th fixture of the match week 04, Celta de Vigo will come face to face with Granada. The Sunday afternoon clash will start on 4 pm local time (2 pm GMT). Moreover, It will be the 3rd match of that very day and 2 more games will take place after this encounter. Meanwhile, Municipal de Balaidos stadium of Vigo will host the game. In fact, it will be the 3rd home game of the season for Celta. Because they are to play their opening two fixtures at the very same venue as well. The Sky Blues will come back to the abode following their away fixture against Sevilla at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. Conversely, it will be Granada’s 3rd away fixture of this fresh new campaign. They will continue their road journey following their trip to RCDE Stadium to face Espanyol.
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs Granada CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 04
- Date: 15th August 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST/ 2 pm GMT/ 4 pm Local
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell, Alberto Lejarraga Rubio.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, Adrian Castellano, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Alex Martinez, Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Alberto, Jose Gonzalez.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Leganes
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
Granada Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Albacete
- 2-1 Win vs Tenerife
Predicted Result: Celta de Vigo 2 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: Firstly, The Celtics are holding a 80 percent winning record against their counterparts in the last 5 meetings. In addition to that, the Nazaries failed to beat them in those last 5 occasions. However, they only managed to draw once. The last two time they visited the Balaidos, they tasted the defeat both the times.
Definitely, the Vigo based side didn’t have a great campaign in the last season. But they performed better at the home than the away fixtures. They managed to gather 29 points from the 19 clashes at the abode. So the familiar atmosphere, as well as the crowd support, will boost their morale for sure.
But an optimistic fact for the visitors is they really played very very well while traveling last season. They grabbed 34 points from their 21 touring fixtures, the joint-most by any team in the Segunda division. Nevertheless, there remains a huge difference between the La Liga and the 2nd tier competition for sure.
Coming to the prophecy, I expect a typical Celta performance in this encounter. I also back them to keep a clean sheet. Finally, I pick the hosts to get a 2-0 victory over the newly-promoted side.