The very first Saturday of the fresh new 2019-20 season starts with an afternoon clash. It features 33 times La Liga champions Real Madrid and Celta de Vigo. The fixture has been scheduled to start
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 01
- Date: 17th August, 2019
- Time: 4 pm BST/ 3 pm GMT/ 5 pm Local
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin, Diego
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy, Javier Hernandez Cabrera, Jesus Vallejo, Adrian de la Fuente.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Brahim Diaz, Federico Valverde, Javier Munoz Jimenez, Jaime Seaone, Vinicius Jose Paixao de Oliviera Junior, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale, Mariano Diaz Mejia, Takefusa Kubo, Rodrygo Silva de Goes, Dani Gomez, Ruben Sobrino, Cristo Ramon Gonzalez Perez.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Leganes
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Villareal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Vallecano
- 0-0 Draw vs Getafe
Predicted Result : Celta Vigo 2 – 2 Real Madrid
Match Preview: Celta Vigo has a good league record at the home and Fran Escriba won’t hold themselves back from attacking. They might go with their 4-4-2 condition with Blanco in between the sticks. It will be interesting to watch that how Mallo performs against Eden Hazard. Araujo, Cabral might just have a busy day at the office. But the main man for them would be none but Iago Aspas.
Zinedine Zidane might go with the 4-3-3 formation. Thibaut Courtois should be given the priority to start ahead of Costa Rican Keylor Navas. The back 4 would be consisted of Carvajal, Varane, Ramos and Marcelo. The midfield trio should be Casemiro, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric. It will be the La Liga debut for Belgian sensation Eden Hazard. Let’s see how he amuses the Blancos fans in his Spanish top flight debut. Another new signing Jovic might come as the substitute for Karim Benzema at the second half.
I’m picking a 2-2 draw, with an Aspas goal for the hosts and an Eden Hazard assist for the visitors.