Celta Vigo fans will try to forget the last season. They had a below-average season on that occasion as they finished 17th in the league table. They escaped relegation by just 4 points and a spot. Thus they are keen to do something better in this 2019-20 season. However, their campaign started with a defeat, win and a draw. Now they are all set to play their 6th home game of the season. The Sky Blues will take on Real Sociedad in a match week 10 fixture. Abanca Balaidos Stadium will host the encounter.
On the other hand, The White and Blues will play their 5th away fixture of the season against Celta. Initially they started the campaign with 3 back to back road games. However, they will have this trip to the Vigo based ground following their back to back home fixtures against Getafe and Betis respectively. After taking on the Celtics, the Royals will once again head back towards the Anoeta Stadium to welcome the Frogs in their next league match.
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs Real Sociedad
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 10
- Date: 25th/26th/27th October, 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day : TBA
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
Predicted Result: Celta Vigo 2 – 1 Real Sociedad
Match Preview: This is going to be a good game to watch because the teams match each other. However, the familiar home condition will keep the Sky Blues ahead. But they will have to work hard to secure all the match points against a side like Sociedad.
The two sides also match each other in the recent head to heads. Both the sides have won 2 games each out of the last 5 meetings. The other match ended in a draw. But Celta will be thrilled to recall the latest memory against the Royals. Because in the very last clash between these sides, Celta came out victorious by a 3-1 margin at this very same venue.
Nevertheless, I can smell a hard-fought battle at the Baldos. I also expect both sides to score. Above all, my pick is a narrow victory for the home side.