Celta Vigo will play their second straight home game in the league on 24th August, when they will host Valencia. The Sunday evening clash will start on 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). Estadio Abanca Balaidos will have the privilege to host it’s second league game of this fresh new season. After their season opener against Real Madrid, the Celestes will once again play at their own back yard before heading to Seville to face Sevilla FC. On the contrary, Los Ches will be touring for the first time in the season as they will play their first game against Real Sociedad at the Mestalla Stadium. The visitors will try repeating their last season performances where they finished 4th in league and clinched the Copa Del Rey. Meanwhile the Sky Blues had a below average last season where they occupied the 17th position.
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs Valencia CF
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 02
- Date: 24th August, 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Leganes
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
Valencia Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
- 2-4 Defeat vs Arsenal
- 6-2 Win vs Huesca
Predicted Result : Celta Vigo 2 – 2 Valencia
Match Preview : Both the teams match each other in the terms of squad strength in this clash. To be fair, Valencia CF just look stronger on pen and paper. But Celta will have the home crowd backing them. It will certainly boost them. So expect for a cracking of a game in the Balaidos. I think there will be no shortage of goals. The chance of both the sides to score, is highly likely.
A good start to the league is crucial so Both teams will try to grab all the 3 points. The managers will go with their best options in their encounter. Valencia’s new signing Jasper Cillessen will face a new test away from the home for his new club. Iago Aspas will be the most vital player for the home side. On the other side, Kevin Gameiro, Goncalo Guedes and Denis Cheryshev will play the key role for the visitors.
My prediction is a all square score sheet (2-2) after the end of 90 minutes at the Vigo. Aspas and Gameiro will most probably put their names on the score card.