After back to back league matches on the road Celta de Vigo is all set to return to it’s own backyard. They have played defending champions FC Barcelona as well as Villarreal CF in their latest two league fixtures respectively. Now the Sky Blues will take on Real Valladolid in a game day 15 fixture. Estadio Abanca Balaidos will host this encounter. It is also going to be their 8th home game of this ongoing league season. However, the Celtics started their home campaign with a defeat against giant Real Madrid. Then they managed to secure their first victory against Valencia CF. But unfortunately, they were handed another distasteful defeat as new comer Granada CF surprisingly beat them at their own ground. Thus, Fran Escriba’s side has been eager to not repeat such kind of performances.
On the contrary, Real Valladolid will be playing their 9th road fixture of the season. They will have this trip to the Vigo based venue following their home match against Sevilla FC.
- Participating Teams: Celta Vigo vs Real Valladolid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Balaidos
- Location: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
- Capacity: 29,000
- Surface: Grass
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
- Goalkeepers: Churripi, Jordi Masip.
- Defenders: Federico Barba, Kiko, Fernando Calero, Luismi, Javi Antonito, Javi Moyano, Nacho Martinez.
- Midfielders: Javi Sanchez, Akvaro Aguado, David Mayoral, Joaquin,Fede San Emeterio, Jorge de Frutos, Hervias, Anuar, Toni Villa, Ruben Alcaraz, Michel.
- Forwards: Chris Ramos, Waldo Rubio, Sandro Ramirez, Marcos de Sousa, Enes Unal, Oscar Plano, Stiven Plaza, Sergi Guardiola.
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Granada
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
Valladolid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Osasuna
- 0-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
Predicted Result: Celta Vigo 2 – 1 Valladolid
Match Preview: As Celta will be playing at their home, I must keep them ahead. They are a keen side to improve and will be eager to show a dominating display. In addition to this, they will be playing for all the match points. Thus I expect them to play attacking football.
Conversely, the White and Violets will be playing away from their abode. But they will certainly recall their memory of drawing against Real Madrid. It will certainly boost their morale. However, I expect them to play with a defensive style. Because, they may paly for a point here. Nevertheless, they will take their chances if have any.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I’m expecting a dominating perforance from the Sky Blues. But I back both the teams to score. Above all, my pick is 2-1 home victory for Celta Vigo.