Arsenal will play Major League Soccer side Colorado Rapids in a preseason friendly game on July 15. The Gunners are currently in USA on a preseason tour and their match against the Rapids is a scheduled event of that commercial tour. The match will be held on Dick’s Sporting Goods Park (DSG Park). It will be a Monday evening game and around 18 thousands fans will watch the game live from the DSG Park. The match will kick of at 7 pm MT which means according to the GMT it will start 1 hour after the clock hits the midnight.
Match Details :
- Played Between: Colorado Rapids vs Arsenal
- Date: 15 July
- Time: 7 pm MT (1 am of 16th July GMT/ 12 am of 16th July BST)
- Day: Monday
- Venue: Dicks Sporting Goods
- Location: Commerce City, Colorado
- Capacity: 18,061
- Surface: Kentucky BlueGrass
Colorado Rapids Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Tim Howard, Clint Irwin.
- Defenders: Keegan Rosenberry, Kofi Opare, Danny Wilson, Tommy Smith, Lalas Abubakar, Sam Vines, Sebastian Anderson, Kortne Ford, Deklan Wynne, Axel Sjoberg.
- Midfielders: Johan Blomberg, Kellyn Acosta, Dillon Serna, Jack Price, Nicolas Mezquida, Cole Bassett, Sam Nicholson, Bismark Adjei-Boateng.
- Forwards: Diego Rubio, Kei Kamara, Jonathan Lewis, Andre Shinyashiki.
Arsenal Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Bernd Leno, Emiliano Martinez, Dejan Iliev.
- Defenders: Hector Bellerin, Sokratis Papasthathopulous, Laurent Koscielny, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Shkodran Mustafi, Rob Holding, Nacho Monreal, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Sead Kolasinac, Carl Jenkinson.
- Midfielders: Mohamed Elneny, Mesut Ozil, Lucas Torreira, Ainsley Matiland-Niles, Mateo Guendouzi, Denis Suarez, Granit Xhaka, Charlie Glimour, Bukayo Saka, Joe Willock, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Alex Iwobi.
- Forwards: Edward Nketiah, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Colorado Rapids Last 5 Matches :
- 1-2 Defeat vs New England Revolution (H)
- 1-0 Win vs LAFC (H)
- 2-2 Draw vs Vancouver Whitecaps (A)
- 2-2 Draw vs New Mexico United (H)
- 1-0 Win vs Minnesota United FC (H)
Arsenal Last 5 Matches :
- 3-3 Draw vs Boreham Wood (A)
- 1-4 Defeat vs Chelsea (N)
- 3-1 Win vs Burnley (A)
- 4-2 Win vs Valencia (A)
- 1-1 Draw vs Brighton and Hove Albion (H)
Predicted Result : Colorado Rapids 2 – 3 Arsenal
Match Preview : The hosts aren’t having a great season ongoing in the Major League Soccer. They are currently standing at the 12th position in the Western Conference and their overall position is 22nd, which is disappointing. The Gunners finished 5th in last season’s EPL and were beaten by Chelsea in the UEFA Europa League final to be denied the second tier title of the European football.
But as you know, it’s quite tough to predict the xi for the friendly matches as the managers love to shuffle the squad and try to give chance to the every members of the squad. Mainly the young stars get the highest amount of opportunities in this kind of fixtures. In their latest match, the Gunners drew 3-3 against Boreham Wood.
I’m expecting loads of goals in this fixture once again. I’ll slightly keep the North London based side ahead because of their squad strength despite the home advantage of the Rapids in this encounter. But certainly it won’t be easy for them in such an unfamiliar condition. So a narrow victory for the Gunners is what I’m guessing. Unai Emery’s side to get a 3-2 victory over the hosts.