In the matchday 04, Crystal Palace will host Aston Villa in their 4th league game of the season. It will be a Saturday afternoon game in the UK and around 25 thousand fans will watch the clash live from the ground. The game will be kicked off at 5 pm BST and will be hosted by Selhurst Park. It will be the second home game of the season for the Eagles, meanwhile the 2nd away game for the Villans. 5 more matches will be played at the very same time, so the game won’t be telecast live in any TV channel. But you can watch the game live here.
- Participating Teams: Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 31st August 2019
- Day: Saturday
- Time: 5 pm BST
- Venue: Selhurst Park
- Location: Selhurst, London, England
- Capacity: 26,125
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Crystal Palace Squad:
- Goalkeepers : Wayne Hennessey, Dion henry, vicente Guaita, Stephen Henderson.
- Defenders Joel Ward, Patrick Van Aanholt, James Tomkins, Scottv Dann, Mamadou Sakho, Nikola Tavare, Pape Souare, Jeffrey Schlupp, Jairo Ridewald, Sam Woods, Martin Kelly.
- Midfielders: Max Meyer, Cheikhou Kouyate, James Arthur, Luke Milivojevic, Luke Dreher, Andros Townsend.
- Forward: Connor Wickham, Wilfried Zaha, Christian Benteke.
Aston Villa Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Orjan Nyland, Jed Steer, Lovre Kalinic.
- Defenders: Kortney Hause, James Bree, Ahmed El-Mohamdey, Neil Taylor, Frederic Guilbert, Matt Targett, James Chester.
- Midfielders: Aaron Tshibola, Birkir Bijarnason, Andre Green, Henri Lansbury, John McGinn, Jota, Conor Hourinhane, Anwar El Ghazi, Jack Grealish.
- Forward: Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Keinan Davis, Scott Hogan, Jonathan Kodija, Wesley.
- Manager: Dean Smith.
Crystal Palace Last 5 Season :
- 5-3 Win vs Bournemouth (H)
- 3-2 Win vs Cardiff (A)
- 0-0 Draw vs Everton (H)
- 3-2 Win vs Arsenal (A)
- 1-3 Defeat vs Man City (A)
Aston Villa Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Derby (Home)
- 0-1 Defeat vs West Brom (Away)
- 2-1 Win vs West Brom (Home)
- 1-2 Defeat vs Norwich (Home)
- 1-1 Draw vs Leeds (Away)
Predicted Result: Crystal Palace 2 – 0 Aston Villa
Match Preview: Crystal Palace finished 12th last season with 49 points. They did very well during the very latest phase of the campaign. They literally have a good squad. They have got experienced goalkeepers, solid defenders, creative midfielders and goal-scoring forwards. Wilfried Zaha had a good Africa Cup of Nations individually. Partnering with Belgian striker Christian Benteke, the Ivorian can prove to be deadly. The Eagles will miss their star right-back Aaron wan-Bissaka as the young lad has made a permanent move to the Manchester United. it will be a reunion for Benteke with his former club.
Aston Villa has also done well to promote themselves to the English top flight. They have a combination of young and experienced footballers. The likes of John McGinn and Jack Grealish can turn any game on its head.
It will be a game full of attack and counter-attack but I think it will be tough for the Villans to break the deadlock against the likes of Kelly, Ward and Van Aanholt at the Selhurst. So the home keeper is expected to keep a clean sheet. I’m going for a 2-0 home victory for the Eagles.