After the international break of one and a half week, Spanish top-flight football league is back with a bunch of matches. The match week 14 will begin on 22nd November and will end a couple of days later. However, in a game-day 14 fixture, SD Eibar will take on Deportivo Alaves. Ipurua Municipal Stadium of Eibar will have the privilege to host this game. The Gunsmiths started the season with 3 consecutive away matches. However, they got the chance to return to their abode on match week 04. But their home campaign also began with a defeat against Catalan side RCD Espanyol. Now they are all set to play their 7th home game of this ongoing league season. In fact, it will be their 2nd home game on the trot as they will stay at their abode after taking on Real Madrid on a GD-13 fixture.
On the contrary, Deportivo Alaves will be playing their 7th road game of the campaign. They will have this trip to the Ipurua Stadium following their home game against Real Valladolid.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs Deportivo Alaves
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 2-3 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Predicted Result: Eibar 2 – 1 Alaves
Match Preview: SD Eibar failed to make an impressive start to the season. Neither their home matches nor the away games went on their favor so far. They may feel a lack of confidence. Thus they need to make a strong comeback. So it’ll be interesting to see which kind of style their manager opts to play. Conversely, Alaves will be playing away from home. But Eibar’s recent form may give them the charm. So they should play for all the match points.
Both sides match each other and it gives me a feeling that, a competitive game is on the card. I am also backing each of the side to score. Finally, my pick is a home victory for the Gunsmiths.