You can rarely see Barcelona struggling in the Spanish Primera Division at the start of the season. They are a side who dominates both in-home as well as in away fixtures. However, this season’s earlier part hasn’t brought fruitful results for them. In the absence of the likes of Leo Messi, Luis Suarez they struggled to get victories in the road matches. In fact, they started with a distasteful defeat against Athletic Bilbao at the San Mames. They also failed to win at the El Sadar Stadium against Osasuna. Nevertheless, they are trying to make up those lost points and trying to get back to the track. Now just a few days ahead of their trip to the Prague to play Slavia, they are all set to take part in their 5th away match against SD Eibar.
Conversely, starting the season with loads of road games, Los Armeros will take on the defending champions in their 4th home clash. They will come into this fixture following their trip to the Estadio Benito Villamarin.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs FC Barcelona
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 09
- Date: 18th/19th October 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Nelson Semedo.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Carles Alena, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Osasuna
- 5-2 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
Predicted Result: Eibar 1 – 3 Barcelona
Match Preview: Firstly, Eibar should remember a wounded lion is much more threatening than an unhurt one. Barca fans are absolutely fuming for the earlier failures. So the extra pressure is making them work harder and they are looking for nothing but all 3 points.
However, Eibar failed to win any single game of the last 5 meetings with the 26 time La Liga champions. In addition to this, they conceded as much as 17 goals in those clashes. Thus, they aren’t expected to feel confident, when they will come face to face with the Catalans. Nevertheless, the only thing which will cheer them will be the latest meeting’s memory. Because the Gunsmiths managed to get a point on that occasion at the Ipurua Stadium. In fact, Cucurella and De Blasis’ strikes canceled out Leo Messi’s brace in that fixture.
My pick for this game is a 3-1 away victory for Barcelona.