In the 2nd match of the 29th September, Eibar will come face to face with Celta Vigo. It will be a Sunday afternoon encounter. The fixture has been scheduled to take place on 2 pm local time (1 pm BST). However, it will be 3rd home game of the campaign for Eibar. It will also be their 2nd consecutive game at the Ipurua Municipal Stadium. In fact, they will continue their home journey following their clash against Sevilla. Los Armeros had a difficult schedule to start the season. Actually, they were to play 3 back to back road games at the start of the season. As a result, the Gunsmiths could only manage 1 point from their opening 2 fixtures.
Conversely, it is going to be the 3rd road game of the campaign for the Vigo based club. They will have this trip to the Ipurua Municipal following their home clash against Espanyol. However, they will once again head back to the home as they will host Athletic Bilbao at the Abanca Balaidos after taking on Eibar.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs Celta de Vigo
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 07
- Date: 29th September 2019
- Time: 1 pm BST/ 12 pm GMT/ 2 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
Predicted Result : Eibar 1 – 1 Celta de Vigo
Match Preview : Both the sides match each other in the terms of strength. However, Eibar will play in their familiar home condition and will get the home advantage. But they didn’t look in typical touch and seemed to be struggling as well. However, the home points will be very much important for them. Thus, Jose Luis has to plan carefully. So it will be interesting to see which style of play he opts for this encounter.
On the contrary, the Sky Blues are in pretty good form lately. After a shaky opening fixture at their abode against the Blancos, they made a good comeback. But considering it as an away game, they too need to play their best football to take all the 3 points on their way to home.
Firstly, I can smell quite a good battle on the card. I also expect both the sides to score in this clash. Finally, I’m going with a 1-1 draw at the end of the game.