Welcome to the Ipurua Municipal Stadium folks. The Spanish top-flight is back to this Eibar city-based venue after such a long break of 4 months. The fresh new La Liga season started in the mid-August but Los Armeros had to wait almost a month to play their very first home match at the Ipurua. After 3 consecutive matches away from the home the Blue and Carmines are finally all set to play their first match at their base. So it is going to be an exciting occasion for the Eibar fans as the waiting eventually comes to an end. They will come back to the abode following their visit to Wanda Metropolitano.
On the contrary, it will be the 2nd away clash of the campaign for RCD Espanyol. They’ll have a visit to the Eibar city-based venue following their home clash against Granada at the RCDE Stadium. However, it will be a Sunday lunchtime encounter, which has been scheduled to be kicked off at 12 pm local time (10 am GMT).
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs RCD Espanyol
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 04
- Date: 15th September 2019
- Time: 11 am BST/ 10 am GMT/ 12 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Esteban Burgos, Rober, Ruben Lobato, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Edu Exposito, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, Adria Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez Marmol, Didac Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, Adria Lopez Garrote.
- Midfielders: Mohamed Ezzarfani, Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, Ander Iturrapse, Sergi Darder, Oscar Melendo, David Lopez, Javi Lopez, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 0-2 Defeat vs Huesca
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
- 3-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Betis
- 1-1 Draw vs Celta Vigo
Predicted Result: Eibar 2 – 1 Espanyol
Match Preview: As it is going to be their first home game, I expect a huge number of fans to back the Armeros. They finished 12th last season but has a squad to do better than that. Eibar is such a formidable side at the Ipurua. In addition to this, they managed to get 33 points from the 19 home matches last season. Moreover, they lost only 4 games at their abode as well. So it is going to be tough for any side to beat them at their base.
On the contrary, Periquitos suffered a lot in their road matches. In fact, they managed to win just on 3 occasions while traveling last season. So they need to do better on this occasion to get something from this fixture.
Coming to the prophecy, firstly, I’m smelling such a highly competitive game on the card. Secondly, I think, both the side will score in this encounter. Finally, I reckon Eibar will secure all the 3 points with a 2-1 victory over their Catalan counterparts.