Last season’s fantastic performance handed Getafe CF an invaluable entrance to the UEFA Europa League. They also managed to make a memorable start to this 2nd tier club football competition in Europe. In fact, they beat the Turkish side Trabzonspor in their inaugural game of the UEL group stage. But the team from the Spanish capital failed to make a good start to the Spanish top flight this season. They have played the number of matches in the earlier part of the season but couldn’t manage to win a game. Neither their home nor the away campaign started with a victory. However, now they are all set to play their 8th road fixture of the season. In a match week 16 fixture they will take on SD Eibar. The Ipurua Stadium will host the mentioned fixture and thousands of spectators will watch the game live from the ground.
On the contrary, SD Eibar will be playing their 8th home game of the season. The Gunsmiths made a more shaky start to the campaign and faced a large number of defeats in the earlier part of the season. However, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the Anoeta Stadium.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs Getafe CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 16
- Date: 6th/7th/8th December 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 2-3 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Granada
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
Predicted Result: Eibar 1 – 2 Getafe
Match Preview: Eibar is definitely struggling from the start of the season. They have failed to make a perfect combination. But as they will be playing at home, it should boost their morale. However, they will have to play well to get something good against a side like Getafe.
Conversely, Getafe should feel confident considering Eibar’s recent form. In addition to this, they are the stronger side of pen and paper. Thus they should come to the Ipurua to take all the 3 points on their way back to the home. So they may opt to play attacking football.
Above all, my prediction is an away victory for the UEL contenders.