In a match week 18 fixture of this ongoing La Liga season, SD Eibar will come face to face with Granada CF. It is going to be the very last game of the year 2019, for both sides. In addition to this, it will be a pre-Christmas fixture. Thus the teams won’t get any better occasion to gift the fans the 3 points in the form of a victory. It will also be the 9th home fixture of the campaign for the Gunsmiths. Despite having a shaky start to the season, which saw them taking 6 matches to register their first victory of the season, they have been comparatively good in the home clashes.
On the contrary, Granada CF has been in serious form since the start of the campaign. They have shown quality in-home as well as in away fixtures. They have got success even against the league giants. However, the Nazaries will be aiming to end the year on a high with a victory against Los Armors. In addition to this, the midseason encounter will take place at the Ipurua Stadium.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs Granada CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 17
- Date: 20th/21st/22nd December 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-2 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Levante
- 1-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 2-3 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Valladolid
- 2-0 Win vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 3-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
Predicted Result: Eibar 2 – 1 Granada
Match Preview: Despite making the comparatively poorer start to the campaign, Eibar might just be considered as the favorites in this fixture. They will be certainly aiming the all 3 match points. So the Gunsmiths are expected to play attacking football. However, they just can’t take the in-form Granada lightly at all.
Conversely, Granada should be pretty confident before taking on Eibar. They have been consistent and showed what they are capable of. Thus they will also eye nothing but a victory. I expect Diego Martinez to opt for an attacking style of playing for the thin encounter.
Coming to the prediction, I can smell a competitive game on the card. I also back each of the teams to score in this game. Finally, my pick for this game is a 3-2 victory for the home side.