A week full of football means even the Thursday night clashes are on too. In the very first match of the 26th September, SD Eibar will welcome Sevilla FC at the Ipurua Municipal Stadium. The match week 06 fixture has been scheduled to start on 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT). So it will be an evening time encounter. However, it will only be the 2nd home match of the season for Los Armeros. After back to back 3 away matches to start the season, they finally got to play their first home game against Espanyol. Nevertheless, they will come to this fixture following their trip to the Ciudad de Valencia.
Conversely, it will be 4th away game of the campaign for Sevilla. The Red and Whites made a great start to the season as they won their first two games both away from the home. However, they will come into this fixture after their home clash against Real Madrid.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs Sevilla FC
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 06
- Date: 26th September 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Thursday
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
Sevilla last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Granada
- 2-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-3 Defeat vs Leganes
Predicted Result: Eibar 1 – 2 Sevilla
Match Preview: Eibar couldn’t make a great start to the campaign. But they are definitely a good side. In addition to this, the backing of the home crowd will boost their morale for sure. But they still need to play their best football to down under a opposition like Sevilla.
On the contrary, Sevilla will come in as the favourites. But they would know that they will have to work to very very hard to take all the 3 points on the way to home from the Ipurua. However, they will be looking for all the 3 points from this fixture. So, Julen Lopetegui will certainly opt to go with an attacking tactics.
Coming to the prediction, firstly I can smell a great battle on the card for the viewers. I also guess that both the sides will score in this clash. Finally, a narrow victory for the in form visitors is what I’m picking.