After finishing the trip to the Municipal Jose Zorrilla Stadium SD Eibar will be all set to take part in their next La Liga match of the season. In a game day 11 clash, they will host Villarreal CF at the Ipurua Stadium. In addition to this, it is going to be their 5th home game of the campaign. After failing to start the campaign on a high they will be keen to have a good period in the Spanish top flight in the 2nd quarter of the season.
On the contrary, Villarreal CF too made a shaky start to the campaign. They failed to grab the all the 3 points in the earlier matches of the season. The Yellow Submarines have had a forgettable last season and they will try not to repeat those kind of performances once again. However, they will have this trip to the Ipurua Stadium following their encounter against Deportivo Alaves at the Ceramica Stadium. Besides, after taking on Eibar they will head back to their abode to play Athletic Bilbao in a MW-12 clash.
- Participating Teams: SD Eibar vs FC Barcelona
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 11
- Date: 29th/30th/31st October 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ipurua Municipal Stadium
- Location: Eibar, Spain
- Capacity: 7,083
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Ekambi, Raba.
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-3 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
Predicted Result: Eibar 1 – 2 Villarreal
Match Preview: A tough earlier part of the season means both the side will definitely need all the match points. Thus, I think, the two managers will prepare their side to go for all the 3 points. However, familiar home condition will keep SD Eibar ahead. But Villarreal CF is going to fight their hearts out to clinch the victory.
Among the last 5 head to heads, both the teams have managed to win 2 games each. In the very latest meeting, Villarreal came out victorious thanks to the deciding strike of Ekambi. However, the last meeting held by the Ipurua was ended in a goal less draw.
Nevertheless, I’m expecting a good battle between these two sides. But my pick is an away victory for the Yellow Sumarines.